Hotels in Galveston

purplejc5

DONT STAY @ the Howard Johnson Express....It supposedly has a view of the harbor...NICE TRY...and when we went, I had a room reserved 1.5 months in advance, and when we got there, since they were having Mardi Gras, and we didn't arrive into town until after 10...they gave away my "regular" priced room , and only had one more left in the whole hotel...which happened to be a room that cost $175... for a triple bed shack........WITH NO WIRELESS INTERNET!!!!!:mad:

I guess we could have tried another hotel, but it was mardi gras...and we were tired from our 11+ hour drive!:eek:

Harbour House is very nice but a bit pricey. We actually stayed at the Quality Inn and Suites on the Seawall a few weeks ago and had a great room. Balcony overlooking the Gulf was very nice. San Luis Resort looks fantastic but haven't had the opportunity to stay there. Many say Flagship but I would rethink. Stayed there during Mardi Gras in February and not one of the nicer ones.

Good luck with your search!

Do your self a favor. stay down town . Anything on the gulf is sh#$. Stay as close to the pier as you can find . you will not be disapointed.

The pier is right in the thick of all the " stuff " ...( good stuff):D

mpk

Do your self a favor. stay down town . Anything on the gulf is sh#$. Stay as close to the pier as you can find . you will not be disapointed.

The pier is right in the thick of all the " stuff " ...( good stuff):D

mpk

not all places on the gulf are sh#$! Just do some research and you will find nice places to stay, even on the Gulf!

What are some of the nicer hotels to stay in Galveston. We are going on the Conquest in January and are planning on staying a couple of days for our pre-cruise. Any ideas would be appreciated.

I hear Harbor House is really nice and I think I remember it was walking distance to the pier?!

http://www.harborhousepier21.com/

-steph-

The reason we are going in Jan. and want to stay somewhere pretty nice--our 30th wedding anniversary.
:o

We went the middle of Feb (8th Ann. :rolleyes: ) and while the weather is "chilly", it is not TOO bad and WAY better than the weater we were having when we left MO (ICE STORMS IN FEB!!!)...still need medium coat and pants...but you will Certainly enjoy the warm caribbean weather to come!!!!:D

Have a great ANNIVERSARY CRUISE!!! ENJOY!!!

Archived