Platinum Check-In?

Lorabelle

We received our docs for our upcoming Alaskan cruise on the Coral. On the outside of the docs it states "Platinum Check In".

We are not Platinum Status, this is only our 3rd cruise with Princess. I called my travel agent who said that we must have made platinum status. (I assured her we hadn't, and she had no other comments to offer.)

Does Princess sometimes offer Platinum Check In to lower club members when there aren't many Platinum members on board? I don't want to show up at the Platinum area and be shooed away if it was a mistake.

What exactly are the perks of Platinum Check in? Just a separate line to embark?

Thanks for any info.

Lori

Yes there is a seperate check in line, only sometimes is it actually any quicker as Princess is often credited with being the best in the industry for embarkation-debarkation.

Yes, it was a mistake, someone put the wrong sticker on your tickets, not a big deal, worst case,you get in that line and by the time it is noticed you are at an agent and they just process you, unlikely they will allow you to wait in the platinum lounge which is the real perk.

I agree with the above.....when we checked in in Vancouver this year, the Platinum level line was combined with the Suite guest check in line...and it was about 8 deep.

The Caribe check in line had 1 person in it LOL So I just went there..made life easier on all of us! :)

The Platinum line in Venice for the Star Princess was horrendous this spring. It was right by the entrance to the ticket area and blocked all the arriving passengers. Princess should have had many more agents working Platinum check-in.

Thanks for all the responses. Doesn't really sound like much of a perk if the line is usually longer!

What is the Platinum Lounge? Is that for debarkation? Just would like to know what I'm missing, lol.

Thanks again,

Lori

Archived