Did you get Cruise Documents in the mail??

2Capers

On past cruises (other lines) we've received print outs of all the available excursions, contracts, luggage tags etc prior to departure. We're leaving on Sunday and have not received anything (unless it arrived late this week after we had already left from home!). Does Celebrity send out pkgs like this or do we get the luggage tags at the pier??

They do, but it depends on how you booked. For instance, one of the times I cruised I booked through a travel agent who ONLY used "electronic documents." Our spam filters ate the emails, so we never got ours. Fortunately, all we needed was our passports and a credit card to check in at the pier, so it was no big deal. Think of it being like an e-ticket on an airline. You can get baggage tags for your luggage from the porters at the pier, too. Just know what your cabin number is so they can write it on the tags.

I usually book my cruises through the Celebrity web site, and have noticed that the "default" setting for how to have your documents delivered is electronically. I had to specifically change my settings so that they would mail me the paper documents. I usually get the paper documents about four weeks before the cruise.

Leela is correct in that you do not have to have your docs with you to get on board (passport and credit card are important to have on you). But we have always worked through a travel agent and in each case we received the traditional documents in the mail.

You've got computer access. Go to the Celebrity Web site, and download and print your documents. That way you'll have all the information you think you might need, and as the others have said, just pick up your luggage tags at the Pier. It will take about 5 minutes to fill them in and attach to your luggage, and away you go.

Happy cruising to all!

Bob

I am leaving on July 27th and although I completed doc online I called because I didn't want to rush and fill out luggage tags at the pier where there will be chaos.

Good thing I did, because I found out about US Direct which by buying a transfer to the pier for same day arrivals only, you bypass customs and your luggage goes directly to the ship without you having to pick it up at baggage claim yourself.

You need to put Celebrity luggage tags on prior to checking luggage.

I am sure glad I made that call because, I didn't see any info about the celebrity site.

I too booked directly with celebrity

Thanks for the responses. We printed our E-Pass on-line, (checked in), but were just thinking about the luggage tags and immigration forms you usually need. Hopefully it won't be too much hassle at the pier. I can't believe we're leaving tomorrow!!

Archived