Advice for First Timer on Enchantment

PAJJJ

:) We are newbys to cruising and are scheduled for RCCL Enchantment on 8/4 to Ochos Rios and GC. We are 2 adults and a 12-yr old booked in a JS on 8th deck (86XX). Looking for any advice you have specific to this ship. We have been reading the excellent tips throughout the site but wonder if anyone has specific feedback on the following:

- Maybe a stupid question (since we are first timers) but as we are in JS, do we get any type of priority boarding, disembarking or special on board priviliges?

- We enjoy wine with our dinner, any value in pre-ordering the wine card on the website? advice on which package?

- Have heard horror stories about Jamaica excursions-- any ideas for unspoiled beach or falls trips?

- Best pools for sunning and swimming? do you really need to get there before 9AM to get a seat?

- How's the food in dining room. I keep hearing it might be worthwhile to eat at Chopps multiple nights...

- How crowded does the fitness center get and are there off-peak times?

- How does room service work? Can you order the same meal as you would get in dining room to eat on balcony? Seems like that would be fun to do one night-- agree?

- Who should I make sure I tip with cash at cruise outset (in addition to the end of crusie gratuities)?

I know that's a lot but any insight would be helpful as we hope to make the most of our first cruise and see if it's something we want to do more of...

Thanks in advance!!!!;)

Archived