Topless deck on Millennium?

Morganw42

Do you believe that ships should have topless areas?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe that ships should have topless areas?

• Yes, no problem.
    • No, they're offensive.
    • Yes, but only if well marked and shielded from view.

My future Dw said she wouldn't go,so I guess that means I wouldn't visit the deck either,but I personally would have no trouble going topless.......................Frank

Dear Frank:

Congratulations on the future wife. Is there a date scheduled? Inquiring minds want to know. Frank, by the way, "you" can go topless, even by the pools.

Happy cruising to all!

Bob

I'm surprised at how many people think it's offensive!

I'm willing to bet most of those people are from the US. In most respects, we aren't as "progressive" in our attitudes toward sex as the rest of the modern world.

Many of us are taught that if children or unmarried persons were to see certain areas of an unclothed person they will become psychopathic or their brains will melt. The people who have taught us this believe they have a direct line to God and they are the only one's who He/She/It speaks to.

We knew about the Topless Sunbathing Area since our first Celebrity Cruise. I have no objection to it. It is in an out of the way area but it is available to those that choose it. Fine, those that choose it have it and it is not shoved down the throats of those that don't choose to participate. That is one of the things I love about cruising something for everyone. And on Celebrity - done so tastefully!

The "OH, but it is natural" crowd are full of it! So is taking a s***, but I would rather not watch you, and I would rather not watch someone nurse their child while I am eating, and I would rather not watch nude sunbathers. There is a time and place for everything.

I happened to grow up when their were rules in society as to proper behavior and I think that they served society well. When people had more respect for others and took more personal responsibility this was a lot better society.

We knew about the Topless Sunbathing Area since our first Celebrity Cruise. I have no objection to it. It is in an out of the way area but it is available to those that choose it. Fine, those that choose it have it and it is not shoved down the throats of those that don't choose to participate. That is one of the things I love about cruising something for everyone. And on Celebrity - done so tastefully!

The "OH, but it is natural" crowd are full of it! So is taking a s***, but I would rather not watch you, and I would rather not watch someone nurse their child while I am eating, and I would rather not watch nude sunbathers. There is a time and place for everything.

I happened to grow up when their were rules in society as to proper behavior and I think that they served society well. When people had more respect for others and took more personal responsibility this was a lot better society.

I fail to grasp how the two paragraphs above ended up in the same post. What are we dealing with here? I won't retype the information above, but in the 1st paragraph it seems as if nudity in a discreet location is OK, while in the 2nd paragraph nudity is associated with the elimination of body waste and it is suggested that those who indulge in full-body tanning are personally irresponsible and have a lack of respect for others. I don't understand any lack of sensitivity to the normal and natural feeding of a child, but the above mentioned is a much too common sentiment.

Happy cruising to all!

Bob

I've noticed that on most of the topless/nude beaches/decks I've been to ... most of those that do shouldn't.

To those who make disparaging comments about the naked humans they've viewed, what is this obsession with perfection. I've visited nude beaches on the mainland USA, in Hawaii, in the Caribbean and in Europe and I have to say that they all represented a very good cross section of body types. Isn't that what people are? Different shapes, sizes, genders, etc. If we weren't caught up in this Hollywood, need to be perfect world then we could amiably wander amonst the naked or nearly naked, without judgment and find our own place in the sun.

Happy cruising to all!

Bob

Archived