Topless deck on Millennium?

Morganw42

Do you believe that ships should have topless areas?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe that ships should have topless areas?

• Yes, no problem.
    • No, they're offensive.
    • Yes, but only if well marked and shielded from view.

Wife and I were in an elevator when these 2 young ladies in their bathing suits in their early 20's got into the cruise ship's elevator.

They were complaining to us that the only people up on the topless deck were topless MEN.:D :D

And that they did not want to be the only 2 ladies up there topless.

Just read a post that referenced a topless deck on their cruise. Do all Celebrity ships and itineraries offer these areas?

I know a couple of years ago the topless deck was offered only on European cruises. It was on the small top deck above the forward lounge [Deck 12 I think on M class ships] with a modesty screen on the railing, and at least sometimes a security guard at the bottom of the stairs was admitting only women. Not sure of current status.

I remember a few years ago being in St Thomas and seeing that a lot of men were at the aft of the ship admiring the dock view (husband included). It was only after walking up, I realized that the Club Med Ship was next to ours and you could look down onto thier topless deck.

Topless deck! Imagine that! You'd think that if people were meant to be naked (or topless) that they would have been born that way.

You've been informed. The Topless deck on Millenium is on the 12th deck, all the way forward.

Happy cruising to all!

Bob

I've been on several Celebrity cruises and have never discovered the topless deck. I think I would like to take part but I've never seen it advertise nor even heard of it while sailing. AND, I've even been on a 13 night European cruise with Celebrity. I guess I missed something!

Cheryl

I guess I'm not sure how people could be offended by something that is on the uppermost deck, shielded by canvas, away from anyone who might just "happen" by.

One would have to make a serious effort to find this deck.

I guess there are people who are "bothered" or "offended" by everything, even though it has no impact on them at all.

It is not "advertised" for a reason. It is discreet and a nice option for those who care to tan this way. If it were "advertised" you can imagine some of the problems. Those who prefer to tan "au natural" usuall find a way to do so, without the need of "advertising"

Not that I would participate (maybe in my younger years:rolleyes: ) but we did walk by this area on the Constellation--took a bit of effort to find but did not notice a security guard or other control but the one thing I did notice was that the area was somewhat enclosed on the sides and very warm (no breezes) and quite far from the pool. There was only one M/F couple (yes they were BOTH topless) but honestly it does not seem like a big deal to me and the area could easily be avoided by anyone offended. I also recently read that MANY of the large Las Vegas resorts have developed "European Style" (clothing optional adults over 21 only) pool areas for those wishing to participate.

About 10 years ago my husband and I found a clothing optional beach on Maui. It was my first experience with even going topless. I have to tell you I felt quite liberated! I really enjoyed not having to pull at my bathing suit constantly.

I did notice there was a larger amount of gay men at the beach but they certainly didn't bother me in any way...I was a 27 year-old female ;). My hubby actually felt more embarrassed than me. He was very nervous to walk around in his birthday suit. He wasn't as into it as I was.

I'm pretty sure that I would partake in topless cruising if I could find the option.

Cheryl

Yes, Celebrity, a few years ago, did have an area set aside for topless sunbathing. Based on our recent sailings they no longer have that area set aside for that purpose(no signs, nothing in the daily paper, no people there). I think it was a bust so they discontinued it.

I've been on several Celebrity cruises and have never discovered the topless deck. I think I would like to take part but I've never seen it advertise nor even heard of it while sailing. AND, I've even been on a 13 night European cruise with Celebrity. I guess I missed something!

Cheryl

Hi Cheryl:

On Deck 12 forward, on the Millenium, there is a sign located at the base of a staircase, named Deck 13, located at the top of the staircase; the location of the "topless" deck.

Dear Wally:

Please tell me you're joking. This is not something that should be limited to a certain small percentage of the population. Everybody (and I really mean every body) should be allowed, no, encouraged to free their bodies and their minds regarding nudity.

Afterall, if it were intended that we should go around naked, then we all would have be born naked. Oh yeah! We were!

Happy cruising to all!

Bob

I don't go up for the same reasons I've never been to the beaches in St Maarten. Usually, the people who go topless are the ones you don't want to see.

I don't care if X has one, but I don't head up there. I made that mistake on my one Carnival cruise. Didn't realize it until it was too late. Opps

I think there should be a 4th option -- I couldn't possibly care less. Honestly, I would not visit the topless area, but I would have no problem with anybody who did. It would make absolutely no difference to me. I will say that a number of people expose body parts at the regular pool area that are far less appealing than a decent pair of breasts! Most people's bodies (my own included) are not something I particularly want to see bared!

About 10 years ago my husband and I found a clothing optional beach on Maui. It was my first experience with even going topless. I have to tell you I felt quite liberated! I really enjoyed not having to pull at my bathing suit constantly.

I did notice there was a larger amount of gay men at the beach but they certainly didn't bother me in any way...I was a 27 year-old female ;). My hubby actually felt more embarrassed than me. He was very nervous to walk around in his birthday suit. He wasn't as into it as I was.

I'm pretty sure that I would partake in topless cruising if I could find the option.

Cheryl

Do you mean the one in the Southern area of the island by Wailea? I found this quite by accident. I was snorkeling off of a huge public beach. I kept swimming around some cliffs, and next thing I knew, I saw (underwater) some bare, um, man parts. Not expecting that, I pulled my head out of the water, only to be confronted with a bunch of bare parts of all descriptions on the beach. Feeling like they probably thought I was a pervert with my mask, I quickly swam back the way I had come...

I find this all to common human attitude toward nudity to be quite amusing. What is it that makes people think that only the "Beautiful People" should be allowed to bare all (or in the case of this thread, some) of their body. Is nudity all about voyeurism, and even if that's the case why the uptight attitudes regarding those exhibiting more wobbly bits than others? I am open to understanding, if you're open to sharing.

Happy cruising to all!

Bob

We were on the Eastern TA in May on Galaxy.. there certainly was a designated topless area... it was on the upper most deck forward... there was sinage indicating that topless was allowed.... The only problem on that cruise was that the wind was so bad you would have been challenged to even stay up there...

Ken

If it isn't the wind, then it's the shy Americans who believe all that stuff about only "Beautiful People" should go topless. When you get the opportunity to know people, you soon realize that everyone who cruises is beautiful, and that truly beautiful people, not "Beautiful People," really don't care about your wobbly bits.

Happy cruising to all!

Bob

Archived