Pirate Encounter

mickey-mouse

We just got back and we did this tour in GC. I was not looking forward to it so we were pleasantly surprised.

There were 7 of us and the kids are 16, 17 and 20. Our girls were quite involved in the "show" and we had a good laugh. And the water was beautiful when we jumped in off the ship. I would recommend it. The pirates try to be a little tough so if your kids don't scare easily they should like it.

It is actually quite deep. I think they said 25-30 feet.

They do make everyone wear a life jacket that can be inflated if there is a problem. They were kind of annoying but not too bulky. The water was gorgeous and warm.

We just got back and we did this tour in GC. I was not looking forward to it so we were pleasantly surprised.

There were 7 of us and the kids are 16, 17 and 20. Our girls were quite involved in the "show" and we had a good laugh. And the water was beautiful when we jumped in off the ship. I would recommend it. The pirates try to be a little tough so if your kids don't scare easily they should like it.

Ok...so they make you "jump off the ship?"....I guess that means my elderly in-laws would'nt appreciate this one huh?

We will be going on the conquest in Sept., we have at least 11 of us going as of right now(paid for), out of 29. I hope you can go into the water another way besides jumping. We have a 12, 11, 6, 4, and 2 year old going, and I don't think they'll be jumping in!!! If they get in at all. Thank you for any info any one has, it's nice know what to expect!!

You don't have to jump off the ship. You can take a ladder that is only a few steps. You can jump of the "plank" which is only a few feet or you can jump off the side, which is quite a bit higher. If I can figure out how to post some pics I will.

You don't have to jump off the ship. You can take a ladder that is only a few steps. You can jump of the "plank" which is only a few feet or you can jump off the side, which is quite a bit higher. If I can figure out how to post some pics I will.

That would be great to see the pictures you have. we have pictures of one pirate ship from the last time we were there but it wasn't very close up.

• 3 weeks later...

My dad took us on this last year when we went on a cruise. I am 21 and thought it was going to be so lame, but it was so cool! All my brothers and sisters loved it. And no one has to go in the water. You can just sit on the ship. You get free drinks and it is a blast. Kids love it and most adults think it's really cool. I would highly recommend it to everyone.

My dad took us on this last year when we went on a cruise. I am 21 and thought it was going to be so lame, but it was so cool! All my brothers and sisters loved it. And no one has to go in the water. You can just sit on the ship. You get free drinks and it is a blast. Kids love it and most adults think it's really cool. I would highly recommend it to everyone.

About how long do you get to swim in the water???

Archived