Dinning portfinos & Chops

Since you can't make reservations until you board, take a look at the Compass that will be in your cabin on arrival. It will give you an overview of the week. And who knows, you may like your tablemates so much, that you won't WANT to miss an evening in the dining room!

I would consider going on a dressy night because the specialty restaurants are usually dressy, and why dress up on a casual night - unless you just WANT to dress up. Another consideration is how crazy you are about lobster- ask the maitre'd at Chops when lobster night is in the dining room and don't book then. Also, having dined at both in the past, we much preferred Chops. And one last tip, if you are concierge class, the concierge hostess can make reservations for you.

I was looking at pictures of Chops and Portofino that a fellow cruiser passed along to me. I noticed that Portofino had tables for two. Pictures of Chops did not show any tables for two. I am assuming they do have them..don't they?

One of our first stops after embarcation is always the dining room to 1) find our dining table and 2) talk to the maitre'd about the week's menu. Since my wife and I are not crazy about the usual Caribbean night, ( not RCCL's best IMHO) we always book Chops on that night. Then we "fight" over when to book Portofino's (she always wins...). Both are spectacular! Chops has some of the best steaks I have ever had, on and off of the water. Just remember that eating in either Chops or Portofino's is a several hours experience and my wife and I simply enjoy the ambiance, service and each other.

I was looking at pictures of Chops and Portofino that a fellow cruiser passed along to me. I noticed that Portofino had tables for two. Pictures of Chops did not show any tables for two. I am assuming they do have them..don't they?

While the tables might usually be for four they will sit just 2 people at the table. DH & I had a lovely table next to the window on Freedom in Chops.

d

Hello I need advice on which day to book any of these resturants for dinner. i will be sailing western on FOS in sept. thanks

Here is the link to the most recent list of the 7n menus. Menus are the same across the fleet. However may be served in a different order!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=557703&highlight=legend+menu

While the tables might usually be for four they will sit just 2 people at the table. DH & I had a lovely table next to the window on Freedom in Chops.

d

Thanks for the response, appreciate it very much.

Archived