Eagle's Nest

Susnyk

We will be on the Amadeus Amalegro this fall, cruising down the Danube. On a previous post, one of our members, EURiver Cruiser, mentioned visiting the Eagle's Nest, in Oberzalberg, on the German-Austrian border, as an alternative to the cruise line's optional bus tour to Salzburg. I've looked this up and it looks quite interesting, especially to my WW2 buff husband. Does anyone else know anything about visiting there? Easy to do, plenty of time to get back to the boat, not outrageously expensive or inconvenient, etc., etc?

Thanks, Susan

we were there last september, although on a land tour, so i know nothing about the boat stuff. i am a WWII buff myself so it was VERY interesting. there are many other sightseeing places around that emmediate area also. do a little prep before ya go and you'll have a wonderful time.

we are booked on the Budapest-Nuremburg Christmas time cruise on Dec 8th with Amadeus.

Can't WAIT! :)

Absolutely, do not miss that opportunity - especially if your husband is a WWII buff! That is one of the historical sites that was not destroyed and it gives you a perspective as to what Hitler's people were willing to do to impress him. Interesting thing about it though is that he was fearful of heights and didn't spend too much time there.

Also, there are guided tours in that area that can show you even more of the history of the area. You might never have this chance again - so don't miss it.

Bitzy Cole

Archived