Five killed as Alaska sightseeing plane crashes - Princess Excursion

Tom-n-Cheryl

Horrible tragedy. Any mechanical failure in those mountains is pretty much going to be fatal.

I've got hundreds of hours logged as pilot in command of DeHavilland Beavers and I can attest to the fact that they are wonderfully rugged, dependable machines. Nonetheless, they are machines and prone to failure.

My prayers go out to the families of those lost.

This is truly a horrible tragedy.

BUT, I have often said, and I mean this..."If I die on vacation, I don't want anyone to grieve for me. If I die on the way to vacation...you know I'll be bumed."

Please don't get me wrong. I know the families of the victims will be devastated. It is just something that my husband and I have discussed at length, and have told our friends, and loved ones. If something should happen to us on vacation... Know that we died doing what we loved.

The above only counts if we go TOGETHER.

My sympathies to the families:(

I'm speechless..................what else can you say when something of this horriffic magnitude happens.

My thoughts and prayers are with the families and I hope that the Good Lord comforts them.

Andy

This is truly a horrible tragedy.

BUT, I have often said, and I mean this..."If I die on vacation, I don't want anyone to grieve for me. If I die on the way to vacation...you know I'll be bumed."

Please don't get me wrong. I know the families of the victims will be devastated. It is just something that my husband and I have discussed at length, and have told our friends, and loved ones. If something should happen to us on vacation... Know that we died doing what we loved.

The above only counts if we go TOGETHER.

My sympathies to the families:(

That's exactly how my DH and I feel. Together, doing something we love....what a way to go. I have to go someday anyway....

Deepest sympathy to the families.

I wonder if the 2 couples were friends and cruising together?

We cruise with another couple most of the time and we do excursions together.

One couple from Massachusetts, the wives were sisters and the Mass. man was a retired firefighter.

http://www.wbz.com/pages/713757.php?contentType=4&contentId=715923

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/13752854/detail.html

I'm absolutely sick over this story.... Two years ago I gave my parents for their 50th Wedding Anniversary this same exact helicopter tour when they cruised Alaska onboard the Carnival Liberty.... They were the only two on the plane from the entire cruise and absolutely loved it...

I never even gave it a 2nd thought of what if.... But, just like some of you, since we are a cruising family, we have talked about it and if we should die during a cruise, we know we died having a great time and doing what we loved....

To the families, my prayers and thoughts are with you....

I was so saddened to read about this and see it on the news. I know Paul McManus. He was a long time firefighter in our city and a genuinely wonderful person. He will be missed immensely by all in our community. This city is a place where everyone knows everyone else. My thoughts and prayers are sent out to the family.

Like many of you stated, I would want to go with the man I love doing what we love. Neither one of us wants to be left behind by the other. But, how sad how this will effect their families, as they are intertwined in many directions. I hope they are able to retrieve them and lay them to rest. My thoughts are with the families.

How awful...

At the risk of being morbid, what happens for the rest of the cruise back on the ship in these cases? Are the passengers notified? Are activities curtailed? It would just be very strange and awkward to try and continue a carefree vacation under these circumstances, seems like. I think I'd just want to go directly back home.

Archived