Has anyone done Fishing in Port Phillip Bay?

Coastaljen

I am thinking of booking it for my mother as a Christmas present. She is retired, and she LOVES to fish. However, her fishing is on her pontoon boat in a private lake. My siblings think she would LOVE it. At least she could tell people about how she fished off of Australia. ;)

I just would love to hear someone who went on that Celebrity tour or knows about fishing in that area.

Sometimes Port Phillip Bay can be extremely rough. If we have a southerly wind after a cool change the Bay can be very unpredictable and dangerous. Weather in December is quite changeable, one day it can be perfect and the next day it can be horrid.

I would book the excursion through Celebrity just in case the weather isn't satisfactory No fisherman would take anyone out on the Bay in bad weather so you would get your money refunded if she wasn't able to go due to it being cancelled.

Jennie

That is probably why they warn that the weather must be fair or good for the excursion to go.

Last night I called her (she lives about l2 hrs. away by car) She went on and on and on about her fishing that day and what she caught. She was mad because one got out of her bucket. The big one of course. ;) Everytime she thinks about that big one getting away, she gets "da** mad." I didn't tell her, but I went ahead and booked it. I hope the weather is a go. She can be a fiesty thing with quite the "mouth", but I figure the other fishermen will enjoy having a 76 year old woman on board that loves to fish. ha ha

Archived