Wyndham in Nassau

noenre

I keep hearing about people going to the Wyndham in Nassau and using their pool & beach for the day. I don't see this as an excursion with NCL though. Can anyone give me some info on this? I am wondering Price for the day at Wyndham, Price for the shuttle to the hotel and how do you get the shuttle? Do you need to make reservations for this?

Thanks!

I keep hearing about people going to the Wyndham in Nassau and using their pool & beach for the day. I don't see this as an excursion with NCL though. Can anyone give me some info on this? I am wondering Price for the day at Wyndham, Price for the shuttle to the hotel and how do you get the shuttle? Do you need to make reservations for this?

Thanks!

I looked this up, i had read about it also. You can take a taxi for about twenty dol one way for 4 people, or you can just take the # 10 bus for one dollar per person. Bus stops right behind straw market, drop you in front of resort and runs every few minutes.

There didnt use to be any charge at the resorts to use their pools and chairs except they would tell you to bring your own towels and encourage you to eat and drink from their bar and reasturants .

I did hear someone new took over the 3 resorts that sit there in a row and no one is positive there isnt a charge any more. The beach is free either way. see you sunday

I am going in 2 1/2 weeks and plan to go to the Wyndam. Here is the info I found:

go to the #10 bus (jitney) - off the ship to straw market a short distance to the right, bus picks up BEHIND the straw market so walk all the way thru. Go to Wyndam and enter to front desk. Day passes are $15pp (my 2 y/o DS is free because he is under 3). It should include their pool (with slides), their beach, chairs, and towels. There is a place to buy food/drinks.

I am going in 2 1/2 weeks and plan to go to the Wyndam. Here is the info I found:

go to the #10 bus (jitney) - off the ship to straw market a short distance to the right, bus picks up BEHIND the straw market so walk all the way thru. Go to Wyndam and enter to front desk. Day passes are $15pp (my 2 y/o DS is free because he is under 3). It should include their pool (with slides), their beach, chairs, and towels. There is a place to buy food/drinks.

Would you mind reporting on your experience when you return? I'm planning on taking my brood to the Wyndham on 8/28 and would love a current experience to draw from.

Thanks in advance :)

We (family of 4 - 2 teenage daughters) enjoyed the Wyndham. We returned from our cruise on Monday. The jitney bus was easy to find, and at only $1pp each way is a lot cheaper than a taxi. When we were at the Wyndham (on Saturday) the water slide was not open. We were there for about 4 hours. The pool is very large. There are plenty of chairs to use on the beach (even some in the shade) but not a lot of empty chairs near the pool. We ate lunch outside at the bar/grill right next to the pool. It cost us $60 for lunch (burgers, chicken strips, wraps, etc). We did take our own towels from the ship - not sure if you can use the hotel towels or not. There are waverunners, etc. to rent. We took our own snorkel equipment, and the kids saw lots of fish near a rock "wall" next to the beach. All in all, we had a great time. :)

We (family of 4 - 2 teenage daughters) enjoyed the Wyndham. We returned from our cruise on Monday. The jitney bus was easy to find, and at only $1pp each way is a lot cheaper than a taxi. When we were at the Wyndham (on Saturday) the water slide was not open. We were there for about 4 hours. The pool is very large. There are plenty of chairs to use on the beach (even some in the shade) but not a lot of empty chairs near the pool. We ate lunch outside at the bar/grill right next to the pool. It cost us $60 for lunch (burgers, chicken strips, wraps, etc). We did take our own towels from the ship - not sure if you can use the hotel towels or not. There are waverunners, etc. to rent. We took our own snorkel equipment, and the kids saw lots of fish near a rock "wall" next to the beach. All in all, we had a great time. :)

Thanks for the info! Did you pay to use the pool and facilities?

We recently got back from a day stopover at Nassau and tried the Wyndam day pass. Yes, it's the #10 jitney (bus). We got on at George and Bay Street with a very friendly elderly driver who seemed to know everyone. $1 per person each way, payable when you exit. It was about a 15-20 minute ride. There were 5 of us (3 adults and 2 kids). Somehow we only paid $60 using cash and travelers checks. I've read from all else it's $15/pp so you better go by that. I didn't see anyone really checking for wrist bands. The big pool slide was closed for repairs. Some dive shop was giving free scuba lessons. You get towels, loungers, bathrooms by the pool (and we used some inside by some conference rooms). There were jet skis, parasailing and a guy with a small motor boat trying to get a group to go snorkeling at a nearby island. Guy on the beach selling drinks in a coconut shell for $5. The hotel had food and drinks inside and out by the pool. There was ping pong, a pool table, and a basketball hoop outside just before the pool. It might have been out from a neighboring hotel beach (the desk clerk said there were three properties we could use -- the beaches all seemed to run together) -- a bunch of rocks you could walk/wade to that had schools of tropical fish. The Wyndam had a kind of small lagoon beach. Next to that were the "real" beaches -- all nice powdery white sand. Very calm water. It thundered and crackled after a few hours and we got whistled out of the pool, but not the beach/water. The #10 again to town --the driver saw us at the top of the hotel drive and I guess by instinct waited for us til we got down to the street. It was a little slower going back at mid-afternoon. :)

Archived