Amalfi/Positano question

fastfilly

Hi there,

Very soon (August 11!) we will be setting sail on the Barcelona to Athens cruise and we can't wait. I seem to have looked in a number of places but can't seem to find the answer to my question, which is: do you tender into Amalfi or Positano, and once shore-side, is the town is within walking distance?

Thanks in advance for any help!

We tendered at Amalfi last May and took the ferry from Amalfi to Positano. It's about a 30 minute ride each way with a fantastic view of the coast - much nicer than the white-knuckle bus ride along the top of the mountains. The cost was only 11 euros each round trip.

Nancy

We spent a week in Positano a few years ago and used the ferries constantly. We also have taken a bus one way to Amalfi and Salerno and a ferry on the return and that has given us a different perspective of the wonderful area that is the Amalfi Coast though it is a scary ride if you are on the outside of the cliff in the bus!

Also there is a beautiful little town just above Amalfi called Ravello. It is easy to reach by public bus and it is well worth spending time up there including having lunch.

Jennie

On Regatta back in May we tendered into Amalfi - the town is right infront of where the tender docks. We took a ferry up the coast to Positano and when you get off the ferry the beach and town is right infront of you to. Both are lovely villages to walk round - I even suggested that my parents left me in Amalfi I loved it so much - really really want to go back!

I could email you some photos if you wish to see them if it helps.

Sam

fastfilly, are you on the August 6 cruise from Barcelona.

Would you be interested in the roll call we started?

We are tendering in to Sorrento..I have some shore tours arranged.

You can see them in the roll call.

Archived