7 questions please:)

Disneycruiser#1

Hi-

1. Does this hotel have transportation from the airport to the hotel?

2. I think I read you have to take a short taxi ride to the pier from the hotel? How much is the taxi ride and how much time should be allow?

3. Are there any stores with in walking distance or taxi to the port to stop and get a few bottles of water?

4. What time should be get to the pier? I think I read that you show ID/Doc's, clear security and such and then get on? Would noon be too late or 12:30 pm? I don't think the ship sails until 5:00 pm which would make the cut off a hour of so before?

5. We chose and have PC dining. Upon boarding I will need to call the reservation number from our cabin to make a dinner reservation for that evening and I do this every night..........right? Our choices are calling for a set time for that evening at one of the 2 dining rooms (what are the dining room names) or just showing up and waiting or going to buffet. Which is the difference between the Caribe buffet and the Horizon buffet? I know one is casual and one is nicer and I believe you can get the same food at one of them that they serve in the dining rooms??? Please clarify this for us and the dress code for the 2 buffets, I know the dining rooms are pants, collared shirts and loafers for non formal nights.

6. What is the "high time aka crowded time" to show up for the PC dining with out a reservation in the restaurants?

7. To make reservations at for the movies under the stars or one of the speciality restaurants I need to call the same reservation number upon boarding and make these reservations too? Is a jacket and tie required for these specialty restaurnts?

Thanks we have a week and one day to go.

DC :)

Where's Host Chris when you need him??? :)

DC - recommend you go to [URL=http://www.lifeiscruising.com]Chris' website[/URL] and you will find [B]EVERYTHING[/B] you need to know about the Caribbean Princess!! It's a great site for information. We're sailing on her next June and I think I've read every word on his site already - at least twice!

If it is Fort Lauderdale, most of the hotels have a shuttle to/from the airport to/from the ship or some combination therein.

Many of the hotels (Embassy Suites, etc) are about a 5-10 minute ride to the ship. There is a shopping center near the Embassy Suites (as well as some other hotels, just can't remember their name).

Enjoy.

[quote name='Disneycruiser#1']Hi-

1. Does this hotel have transportation from the airport to the hotel?

2. I think I read you have to take a short taxi ride to the pier from the hotel? How much is the taxi ride and how much time should be allow?

3. Are there any stores with in walking distance or taxi to the port to stop and get a few bottles of water?

4. What time should be get to the pier? I think I read that you show ID/Doc's, clear security and such and then get on? Would noon be too late or 12:30 pm? I don't think the ship sails until 5:00 pm which would make the cut off a hour of so before?

5. We chose and have PC dining. Upon boarding I will need to call the reservation number from our cabin to make a dinner reservation for that evening and I do this every night..........right? Our choices are calling for a set time for that evening at one of the 2 dining rooms (what are the dining room names) or just showing up and waiting or going to buffet. Which is the difference between the Caribe buffet and the Horizon buffet? I know one is casual and one is nicer and I believe you can get the same food at one of them that they serve in the dining rooms??? Please clarify this for us and the dress code for the 2 buffets, I know the dining rooms are pants, collared shirts and loafers for non formal nights.

6. What is the "high time aka crowded time" to show up for the PC dining with out a reservation in the restaurants?

7. To make reservations at for the movies under the stars or one of the speciality restaurants I need to call the same reservation number upon boarding and make these reservations too? Is a jacket and tie required for these specialty restaurnts?

Thanks we have a week and one day to go.

DC :)[/QUOTE]

These are some great questions. I have just a few before we can all jump in here and give you the answers you need.

As asked above; Which hotel? Do you already have reservations?

Also

Is this your first Princess Cruise? Do you have other sailing history with other lines?

When are you coming in town?

How many people in your party?

On board, do you have any friends going that you'd like to dine with?

After the cruise, do you leave town the same day? When are your flights?

Give us those answers and we'll all give you some great suggestions to make your cruise fabulous

I can help on some Chris!! It is she and her husband. They have previously cruised Disney. her husband is going to Iraq, and this is a getaway for the two of them. Needless to say she is very excited. They are going next week. :) I just found her hotel, if she hasn't changed it. It is the Marriott Marina.

Sorry..........going on few hours sleep here :(

Sue is always right ;)

Ft. Lauderdale Mariott Marina
Flying in Friday the day before
Just my husband and myself
Have cruised in the last 2 years DCL Wonder, CCL Inspiration, RCCL SOS, DCL Magic (2x), CCL Sensation, CCL Fascination, and our upcomming CP.

Archived