dress code for boys for dinner

pandabear3

How old are the boys.

On young kids I have seen cargo shorts many times, but NOT on formal night.

I always follow the guide lines so dont misunderstand this next statement. I am not saying to do this but:

You will see people of all ages in shorts and tank tops at dinner which is a no no. Nobody says anything to them. So she can get away with it if she wants to. Most people dont think anything about seeing kids in shorts. I have seen many boys in nice looking jeans at dinner too and it doesnt bother me a bit.

I know how fast kids out grow good clothes and how expensive they can be, I dont blame moms for not buying nice slacks that the boys will wear once trip and never again!!

Just my opinion.

If it were me I would do nice jeans before doing shorts, if she cant find dockers or long pants that will work for them. Most people dont think twice about seeing kids in jeans as long as they are nice ones.

mom x4,grandma x4

again it is up to you. I have seen with and without.

our grandsons did wear a mickey tie on formal night on a couple of cruises and no tie on another cruise, just a nice shirt and long pants. They never felt out of place without it.

As they got older they would rather eat pizza or burger at the pool then go to the clubs while we all had dinner, instead of having to dress up.

we let them because it was their vacation too.

mom x4,grandma x4

We had DS 8 when we went in late March. We bought him some khaki pants and a button up shirt. We recently did a Princess cruise and I went to a consignment store to get him a blazer for formal nights. Why I didn't think of this earlier, I have no idea. However, I was able to get him a blazer for $6.00. I don't like to spend a lot of money on clothes for my kids either. I also shop the sale racks at Gap and Old Navy and have gotten khakis for less than $10. I too think nice jeans over shorts will be ok. Don't forget the pirate shirt for pirate night! It is a lot of fun. Just don't point out to anyone that my son wore his tennis shoes with his khaki pants. The nice shoes were just an expense I couldn't justify! Have a great cruise!:)

How old are the boys.

On young kids I have seen cargo shorts many times, but NOT on formal night.

I always follow the guide lines so dont misunderstand this next statement. I am not saying to do this but:

You will see people of all ages in shorts and tank tops at dinner which is a no no. Nobody says anything to them. So she can get away with it if she wants to. Most people dont think anything about seeing kids in shorts. I have seen many boys in nice looking jeans at dinner too and it doesnt bother me a bit.

I know how fast kids out grow good clothes and how expensive they can be, I dont blame moms for not buying nice slacks that the boys will wear once trip and never again!!

Just my opinion.

If it were me I would do nice jeans before doing shorts, if she cant find dockers or long pants that will work for them. Most people dont think twice about seeing kids in jeans as long as they are nice ones.

mom x4,grandma x4

You used the term, most people twice, on your response, and I'll use it once. How do you know, what most people think about dinner attire? Did you actually talk to more than 50% of the people, on all the cruises that you have been on? And did you ask them about children's attire at dinner? I seriously doubt it. Think about your responses a little bit more. Children really do not grow out of clothes in seven days, do they? Metrowon

You used the term, most people twice, on your response, and I'll use it once. How do you know, what most people think about dinner attire? Did you actually talk to more than 50% of the people, on all the cruises that you have been on? And did you ask them about children's attire at dinner? I seriously doubt it. Think about your responses a little bit more. Children really do not grow out of clothes in seven days, do they? Metrowon

I'm sure momx4 will answer but I've had too much coffee this AM :eek: so I'm going to offer my guesses on this. "Most people" is probably based in part on the many experiences she's had on Disney cruises. If you're a people watcher it's pretty easy to sense what the norm is for the cruise line. We've noticed the 3-day DCL cruises are the most casual cruises we've been on. We've been pretty "gussied-up" compared to our fellow cruisers on those particular cruises.

Momx4 is also an active participant on several Disney Internet boards besides this one. We all know these boards are FULL of opinions so she's bound to have been exposed to many on the dress topic! LOL!!

As to the kids growing out of clothes in 7 days...well...after raising 6 kids I can verify they don't go quite that fast. ;) We live in a resort area and have few occasions to use dress up clothes during the warm seasons. If you buy a boy a pair of long pants in May I can almost guarantee they won't fit when school starts in September. Why is it kids shoot up like beanstalks during warm weather??? I guess those are the types of things she's considering.

Happy cruising!

Cheryl

Archived