URGENT! - Embark and then Disembark - Seward???

OnlyMe

Hi all,

We board Summit tomorrow in Seward and my question is: Can we embark and then get off again in say an hour after embarking? Just need to know if we need to return the rental car before we embark or if we can do some more touring later?

Thanks for all / any replies!

PS Alaska is beautiful (albeit rainy today)!!!!

This can be a crapshoot. I can only relate our personal experience. In Amsterdam this past May on the Century we checked in and boarded the ship with the intent to have lunch, drop off our carryon luggage and then go back into Amsterdam to sightsee. Much to our chagrin ( and several others) they would not let anyone off the ship. I had read that this was doable but was not that day so be careful.

Hi all,

We board Summit tomorrow in Seward and my question is: Can we embark and then get off again in say an hour after embarking? Just need to know if we need to return the rental car before we embark or if we can do some more touring later?

Thanks for all / any replies!

PS Alaska is beautiful (albeit rainy today)!!!!

Seward is a very small port and we have never had any trouble getting on and off before the ship sails. You probably have a late sail time in the evening, so there should be no problem since there is no customs involved.

Just to be sure, I would call the cruise line and ask and also double check after you are onboard.

Archived