What a Story!

Just came across Garin's book , "Devils on the Deep Blue Sea," on closeout at Amazon for $6 and had my eyes opened about what goes on in the cruise industry. Tells how RCCL and Carnival got started and how they feel about each other. Reads like Fiction.

Just came across Garin's book , "Devils on the Deep Blue Sea," on closeout at Amazon for $6 and had my eyes opened about what goes on in the cruise industry. Tells how RCCL and Carnival got started and how they feel about each other. Reads like Fiction.

What was the most interesting info you learned from the book..or something we would be interested in knowing?

Thanks.

I learned about how Carnival almost single-handedly shaped what we have today (for good or bad). How "cashless cruising" change the whole industry and some of the dirty environmental things that have been going on and never hit the papers. I was fascinated with it.

I read this and also the books by Klein. Very good! :)

I learned about how Carnival almost single-handedly shaped what we have today (for good or bad). How "cashless cruising" change the whole industry and some of the dirty environmental things that have been going on and never hit the papers. I was fascinated with it.

Sounds like great reading. Thanks. Laura

Purchased this book several years ago when it first came out. A very good book for anyone that follows the cruise industry. The story about how Arison got his money to start up Carnival was interesting. It also shows what a competitive industry this is and there is no love lost between the two big boys.

Archived