Seaworld Explorer semi-sub?

karibritt01

I am thinking of doing the semi-sub to view the shipwrecks. Is this good for kids 5 and 10? Do I have to do an excursion, or can I get my own transportation and pay there? We want to rent a car for the day, do the sub, then hit a family friendly beach. What beaches are nice for kids to swim and play, while hubby and I lounge in the shade with a drink? We thought of Rum Point... comments? Suggestions? Do we need the excursion to get a lounge chair or hammock in the shade?

Hi karibritt, and welcome to the CC,

we were in Grand Cayman 3 months ago on our Explorer cruise. We did the Atlantis submarine (not the semi -sub). We made our own arrangements. I did look at the activity guide for Cayman to get some ideas what to do there. You might want to look at that to. It is easy to find it using any of the search sites. Also be aware that there might be difference in time between your 'ship's time' and local time. Grand Cayman is on EST but I am not sure if they observe the daylight saving time ( at end of April there was 1 hour difference between 'local time' and our 'ship's time' - not all ships use local time. You want to be back on the ship at the correct ship's time.

Wes

Archived