FOS - onboard hair braiding?

Cruising W Car. this Oct on FOS. My daughter is anxious to get her hair braided. I'm a little concerned about hygiene with local hair braiders in port...anyone know if it's offered onboard and how much it costs? Thanks!

Have never seen any hair braiding on board the ship. If they did it in the spa it would cost 10 times what you'll pay on the beach. My daughter has had hers done at least 3-4 times all over the Caribbean and Mexico and we have never had a problem. She would do it again in a heart-beat.

I've heard a lot of people talk about bringing your own comb for the hair-braiding. That way, you don't have to worry about hygiene. I would think a cheap, fine-toothed comb would work fine, and it's easy to stick in a purse when you're going ashore. Have fun on your trip!

Not only that but pay attention to how many braids are actually being braided - when we were in St Maarten we had some overzealous hair braiders who tried to tell me my daughter's head had 80 braids (at $2 each) - when I balked and said that was a lie and she had between 30-35 and I'd be happy to count them they backed down but in a threatening way - I was happy to get out of there!

Archived