Whale watching tours

We are doing a cruise in September on Princess and the only whale watching tour they offer is in Bar Harbor. If we do this, it will cut our day short and keep us from doing some other things we would like to do there. I'm trying to see if I have other options and I'm not having much luck with the Internet since I'm not sure exactly where we dock. Are there any whale watching tours that are easy to get to from where the ship docks in any of the following ports? St John, NB, Halifax, Boston.

We are doing a cruise in September on Princess and the only whale watching tour they offer is in Bar Harbor. If we do this, it will cut our day short and keep us from doing some other things we would like to do there. I'm trying to see if I have other options and I'm not having much luck with the Internet since I'm not sure exactly where we dock. Are there any whale watching tours that are easy to get to from where the ship docks in any of the following ports? St John, NB, Halifax, Boston.

I am sure you will hear from someone who knows for sure but yes, there are tours in Halifax and St John. I am having the same quandary on my NCL cruise and it looks like I mostly have to take the one in bar harbor to see the things I want to see in the other places.

Go to the website for those ports and you may find what you are looking for

We have done whale watching in Bar Harbor. This was on a land trip, not a cruise. It was very good, we saw about a dozen whales, a few close up but none breached or even showed those wonderful tails. We thought it was great until we went to Alaska. It was nowhere near as good as in Juneau but better than we've had here in NJ.

Archived