CiCi Water Park Acapulco

marvlgirl

Has anyone ever went to CiCi Waterpark in Acapulco? We would like to swim with the Dolphins while in Acapulco but the website is in Spanish. Not very convenient, lol.

Any info would be appreciated!

That water park is not what you are used to here in the States. The last time I was at that water park was in the late eighties. This was before they had a swim with the dolphins program. Here are some links that hopefully will answer some of your questions:

http://www.realacapulco.com/cici-waterpark.html

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g150787-d154849-Reviews-CiCi_Acapulco_Magico-Acapulco_Pacific_Coast.html

http://mexicoquest.com/acapulco_ingles/points-of-interest/cici.htm

http://www.fodors.com/miniguides/mgresults.cfm?destination=acapulco@7&cur_section=sig&property_id=42977

Hi DForeigner...I went to the links you posted (thanks so much!) Just curious as to why you say it isn't like a waterpark here in the states. It kinda seems like it is similar (except for the swim with the dolphins part) How much extra is the swim with the dolphins, anyone know? And the youngest age that can do this? Has anyone personally gone here? I'm looking for something to do (other than divers) in Alcapulco and I have four kids, so this seems like a natural. How far is it from where NCL Star docks?

Thanks!!

Hi DForeigner...I went to the links you posted (thanks so much!) Just curious as to why you say it isn't like a waterpark here in the states. It kinda seems like it is similar (except for the swim with the dolphins part) How much extra is the swim with the dolphins, anyone know? And the youngest age that can do this? Has anyone personally gone here? I'm looking for something to do (other than divers) in Alcapulco and I have four kids, so this seems like a natural. How far is it from where NCL Star docks?

Thanks!!

Please bare in mind that it has been 20 years since I have been inside Cici. When comparing it to the water parks here in the US, Cici is kind of plain. Things may have changed by now though.

• 5 weeks later...

The CiCi waterpark is located along the bay (about 1 block inland) in the Costa Azul neighborhood of Acapulco. The entrance to the park is on the principal street which parallels the bay - Costera Miguel Aleman.

You can get to CiCi by taxi, or by using one of the many city busses which pass the cruise ship terminal.

By taxi, the trip typically takes about 20-minutes, except during the busy Easter/New Year's holiday periods when travel times will probably be twice as long. Cab fare, in one of the city taxi's (as compared to tourist taxi's assigned to the terminal) should be in the MX$40 range, maybe a little higher for foreigners (shouldln't be more than the peso equivalent of US$5).

By bus, the trip time depends upon how many times the bus stops along the way; I'd figure on a 30-minute journey (longer in the peak holiday periods). Bus fare will be less than the peso equivalent of US$0.50 per person (there's a flat fare for the taxi, without regard to the number of passengers). Riding the bus in Acapulco is quite an experience - something I think many travelers will enjoy (and talk about for months to come afterwards!). The busses stop in front of CiCi.

Many people visit and enjoy CiCi; comparing it to mega waterparks elsewhere in the world is fine, but irrelevant . . . because you'll be visiting Acapulco, not someplace else.

Enjoy the cruise, and Acapulco!

Archived