April Cruising??? pros and cons.

brandymleahy

I took a cruise this past April. While I enjoyed the cruise, the only thing I didn't like was cruising during Easter weekend.

On the port stops that Saturday,Sunday, and Monday things were limited.

For example I was in St. Lucia on Easter Sunday, quite a few places were closed. In Barbados the next day, it was almost a ghost town because it was Easter Monday. Even in the port area there were limited stores and resturants open.

I suggest that you take this into account in pick a date in April

Most of our Spring Breaks here in NE revolve arounf Easter. This year 2008 Easter is March 23, last year it was mid April so you usually need to check on Easter break. Many schools if the don't use Easter as a break time use March expecially colleges, so the end of April should be well past most Spring Breaks.

I guess when the airfare becomes available, we will find out whether or not we can keep that week to cruise. As long as the airfare is reasonable, we'll take our chances. Thanks for the the info, though! We were on the Valor in April! I just loved it!!

What week were you on the Valor? I was on April 1-8 for the exotic western. Hopefully airfare won't be too expensive & the cruise will be wonderful. I'll be cruising the same week you will be, on the Carnival Freedom.

We are officially going on the Fantasy out of NOLA on april 19th. Easter is nowhere around, and like everyone says hopefully most of the spring breakers will be going back to school by then. I thank everyone for all the help on picking an april cruise, And if anyone else has input on what to pack for april such as what the weather and temp is like, I would appreciate that aswell. Once again thank you all!!!!

What week were you on the Valor? I was on April 1-8 for the exotic western. Hopefully airfare won't be too expensive & the cruise will be wonderful. I'll be cruising the same week you will be, on the Carnival Freedom.

We were on the Valor April 22 -29 Eastern Caribbean. We absolutely loved it! Next April will be the Miracle. I hope we enjoy it just as much. Have fun on the Freedom

Spring Break in our region is generally in March. Where do they have April spring breaks? Just curious, darcy 8

March - April expect Spring break kids everywhere!

We are in Savannah and our calendars are out for the next 3 years. So for 2008, 2009, and 2010 we have Spring break in April.

Edited to add: I noticed you are booked the end of April-- Spring breaks for April will be over. They will be the first few weeks of April. So you are good to go!

Archived