8 day Liberty adventure review

I loved the very calm interior, very gothic.

The staff was the friendliest i have come across on any Carnival ship.

The service was very fast, i saw staff, i have never even seen before on other ships.

Everyone was trying to keep the cruisers happy.

Our dinner took longer to be served one night and without a word the hostess brought us a bottle of champagne for the wait.

Boy - do I hope I get this Hostess! :DA cruise is all what you make of it.You sound like very positive folks. Usually nice people attract those of the same.:) Thanks again for your replies.

Can you suggest a place and time that we could all meet on this ship? Thanks in advance for your reply.

We had 2 plans, because some in our group had kids we decided to meet on deck 10 aft, right in the back of the ship, it was just down a flight of stairs to the Lido bar, for those who wanted drinks.....Our second was a rain plan, we would meet at the wine bar that was very near the Arcade so the kids could hang out while we chatted.

It ended up raining so we ended up meeting at the wine bar.

We had to have the M&G right after Muster drill because some people had early dinner seating or had to get to camp Carnival to sign the kids up.

It ended up great and most of us were together for the rest of the cruise.

Am worried about there being 3600 people on the ship. Have always cruised the smaller ones. Can you tell there are that many people on board....

Not at all!

More people but more space to roam around in.

The only crowed area of the whole ship was the Lido pool area but it's like that on the smaller ships also.

The service was just as good on the Liberty as on the smaller ships also.

How was Embarktation? You said you were onboard by 1045am. Were you VIP? What time did you get to the Terminal? We are going Sept 29th & we are VIP. Your review was great. Thanks for taking the time.

Cheri

We got to the ship at 10:15, we were not a VIP, we actually passed the VIP line entering the ship so we beat most of them on.

they opened a small early embarkment line and that is the one that we used. We were only 2 rows back, it should have gone faster but people did not have ID's ready, the group right in front of us held up the line because her 18 year old son did not have an ID, so she argued for 10 minutes and her son was finally let on board.

We walked directly from the counter onto the ship with no hold ups (except to get our picture taken.)

I should add, there was a holding area for people who had arrived earlier, so if you arrive to early you will have to wait.

We were a group of 24. We arrived at Port Everglades around 1:30. The cab ride to the ship was about 5 mins and $15. The embarkation was a nightmare. Unfortunately, the computers were down and we were on line over 2 hours. But after that, it was great.

The Liberty is a beautiful ship. I thought the food in the dining room was better than usual. The service was okay. Our waiter was very nice, but dinner took over 2 hours every night. Harry's was unbelievable, everyone should try it. It was really awesome. Sushi bar was very good.

The ship was spotless. The shows were very good. The cruise director was great. We loved the ports. We really had a great time.

There is a new method for debarkation, and they were trying it out for the first time. It was fantastic! Now everyone gets a number the night before and they call out the numbers the next morning, so you have an idea how long it will be before you get off the boat. They call the numbers down in groups of 4 or 5 and when you go down, your luggage is waiting for you and there are not too many people at one time. The last group was scheduled to get off by 10:00 am.

We had a great time and we have tried other cruise lines - Carnival is the best!

Thank you SO much for your review! I am getting so excited!

Which ports were your favorites? What did you do there? Any recommendations?

My Favorite port was Tortola, no one really ever talks about this island so i didn't know what to expect but it was one of the best days i've ever had on any island, we have snorkeled on many islands but the snorkeling in Tortola was totally amazing, more like scuba diving then snorkeling and the fish were huge.

Hey CD...did yoou notice if they had any Polish Vodkas for my Gibson before dinner ?:D

Are you going to post the menus or do you want to mail or e-mail them to me ?

Thanks for all the help. I owe you big.....;)

Laundry rooms are available on the following decks

deck 1 Riveria deck across 1359

deck 2 Main deck across 2367

deck 6 Upper deck across 6387

deck 7 empress deck across 7339

deck 8 veranda deck across 9270

Washers costs $2.00 each load

Dryers costs $2.00 each load

Detergents and fabric softners are $1.00 each.

Laundry rooms are available on the following decks

deck 1 Riveria deck across 1359

deck 2 Main deck across 2367

deck 6 Upper deck across 6387

deck 7 empress deck across 7339

deck 8 veranda deck across 9270

Washers costs $2.00 each load

Dryers costs $2.00 each load

Detergents and fabric softners are $1.00 each.

Can you use quarters or do you use the sail and sign card?

[quote name='serene56'][COLOR=#0000ff]Laundry rooms are available on the following decks[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#0000ff]deck 1 Riveria deck across 1359[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#0000ff]deck 2 Main deck across 2367[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#0000ff]deck 6 Upper deck across 6387[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#0000ff]deck 7 empress deck across 7339[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#0000ff]deck 8 veranda deck across 9270[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#0000ff]Washers costs $2.00 each load[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#0000ff]Dryers costs $2.00 each load[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#0000ff]Detergents and fabric softners are $1.00 each.[/COLOR]
[/quote]

Do they have ironing boards & irons in the laundry rooms?

I only seen one iron/board on the empress deck of the Liberty.
(cant imagine 3 ironing boards in the rooms..they are kinda small)

2 washing machines/ 4 dryers
a laundry tub to rinse out clothes before they are washed.

here is a pic of a laundry room which is on the miracle- The liberty is the same way:
[URL=http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1284433172062547426uogZXD][IMG]http://thumb6.webshots.net/t/26/26/3/31/72/284433172uogZXD_th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

notice the iron on the wall- the board falls out of the wall beside it.

(before you use the iron-- check the bottom and make sure there is no residue left from the last ironer)

Archived