Island Princess E737

Michael Kays

We had E707 on the Coral through the Panama Canal and loved it. We just booked E710 for the Island Canal cruise for April. These balconies are much deeper than a normal balcony. The deck across the back has some great sunset views. If you are doing the Canal it is a great place to watch the gates close. You can almost reach out and touch them. It is also a very private back balcony. Most people go to the ones above which are larger. Nice because it means very few people on this one. I'm going to try to add a picture. Your room is the back one--bottom row of balconies. Notice the one above which is wide open to everything. I think you will like Emerald deck better.

1072911201_Coralbackbalconiessmall.jpg.e241a69aad6e25a9698d39b35abb21b7.jpg

Michael Kays, I am looking at this same balcony on the Coral for Oct 31 - partial transit thru the Canal. My concern is if the curved balcony compromises your privacy. It looks like a great location otherwise. My TA pointed out that it is above the Universe Lounge, but unless they make a lot of noise after midnight, chances are we won't be in the cabin to hear it anyway.

We had E707 on the Coral (sister ship) going LA to FLL. You will love the balcony for this room. Super big. Also, there is a full deck across the back just a few doors down from you that is great for watching the locks closing after the ship is in. You can almost touch them. Only problem we had was the laundry room is directly across. May not be a problem on your cruise, but it can get really loud if they won't keep the door closed-- and on our cruise they would NOT keep it closed. Loved the ports of call on this cruise. Check the Ports of Call boards for more info, but in Jamaica we booked with Phil Lafayette to go to Dunns Falls, river rafting, tour of the island and stopped for a great Jamaican jerk lunch. He was fantastic. In Aruba we got a great taxi driver (Tony Bosch) at the pier and saw the entire island and also spent part of the day at the beach. Did a river cruise in Costa Rica. Went to Playa la Ropa beach in Ziau. Just walked around Huatulco, but plan on taking land and water tour in April. We have done the snorkling and Yelapa trip on PV and also the city tour and also the beach break through Princess. Think next time we will go to the Westin. Love PV. Lots to do there. In Cabo we just get a taxi at the pier and go to a hotel for the day to enjoy the beach and drink margaritas. The canal transit is a real treat. Check into the Balcony Breakfast the day you go through the canal. Enjoy your cruise. I'm attaching a picture of your balcony.

2094593088_Coralbackbalconiessmall.jpg.0fc6cdf3c9b64b47b164d59f5eaa7da1.jpg

Archived