Carnival Spirit or Pride Help Please!

twoshots

We're seriously thinking about trying another Carnival cruise after years of RCCL & Princess. What do you think about the "Spirit" or the "Pride" out of Calif? We hear the suites are great and so much less expensive than RCCL etc. :)

Have you been on either or both, what did you think, how was the service, were there lots of "young" people, what was the ship like...all those questions and more. :confused:

Thanks for any help you can give us! ;)

Jan

Jan,

I have been on the Pride (7347) and are going on the Pride again(4237).

I found the service outstanding and the suite was incredable, it is actually several rooms. A "living room" with a couch, t.v., desk and frig., then there is the bedroom with a queen size bed, a t.v. dresser safe etc. Then there is a seperate dressing /vanity area, and the bathroom has a full bath nad two sinks if I recall correctly. Now the balcony is HUGE one could easily fit 20 people on it-its that big.

Re young people I can only say yes to that but I do not know if it skew's young, simply there are young people on it.

Hope this helps,

JGB

I'm guessing of the two, there will be less children on the Spirit since it's an 8 day and it doesn't always leave and return on a weekend.

We're going on the Pride in January and all I can really tell you is that there are a lot of excursions offered both by Carnival and by independent companies on that route. There seems to be less to choose from on the Spirit route. My opinion, of course.

Hopefully people will reply that have been on both.

Hello and thank you! I appreciate you're answering my questions.

Our TA tells us that the suites are mostly sold out for Spring 2008 already, so we're keeping our fingers crossed she can work a miracle and find something for us. We're retired so time doesn't mean anything - we can go whenever we want.

The reason I asked about children or young people on the ship is because we are used to a quieter crowd - not that it makes any difference - we like a good party too. :)

What shore excursions did you like?

Thanks again!

Jan (and Rich)

NW New Jersey

I have sailed on both ships a few times already, Although I prefer the Spirit over the Pride. The Pride goes to Puerto Vallarta. One of the best excursions I have been on and I have done this one twice already is called Rhythms of the Night. What ever you do, do not miss this excursion.

I would swim with the Dolphins during the day and at night go to Rhythms of the Night tour.

Anyways go here and check out the video. http://www.vallarta-adventures.com/rhythms/index.html

Fred

We enjoyed both ships alot. As far as excursions go - if I was back on the Pride, I would take the 4x4 Tropical Safari again - it was a blast! We loved the Spirit and fell in love with Zihuatenejo. If you ever got to Cabo before it became an extension of the US then this is it. Reminded me of Cabo in the early eighties. The service was great on both, younger crowd (although we certainly had our fun on the Spirit) on the Pride. The Spirit trip had better seas, but it could just have been the time of year. I must say that just about everyone of my trips out of San Pedro/Long Beach when you make the turn out of Cabo, be prepared for a bumppy ride. I personally love a moving sea, I have difficulty sleeping if the water is too smooth. No matter what ship you chose, you will love the sip, the crew and will have a great time. :)

I must say that just about everyone of my trips out of San Pedro/Long Beach when you make the turn out of Cabo, be prepared for a bumppy ride. I personally love a moving sea, I have difficulty sleeping if the water is too smooth. :)

I'm happy to hear that. I, too, enjoy a bumpy ride and sleep better when the ship is rocking. Thanks for that info! :D

I'm booked on the Spirit in '09, but I've been on the Pride and LOVED her! I even created a website about the Pride. There are reviews and pictures of the ship and the ports. You'll find the link in my signature.....

I have been on both cruises, and I would choose the Spirit over the Pride ..

San Diego is so much better than Long Beach. The airport is closer, you can see the ship from the airport...

The port in Zihautanejo is quiet and so peaceful....a different view of Mexico

but you can go over to Ixtapa if you want the resort world...

Layouts are the same,rooms the same...both Spirit Class...and the extra day is so nice....

Yes there are fewer kids on an 8 day...I have stayed in a Cat 11 and it was lovely....much cheaper than a suite on RCCL

Jan

Hello and thank you! I appreciate you're answering my questions.

Our TA tells us that the suites are mostly sold out for Spring 2008 already, so we're keeping our fingers crossed she can work a miracle and find something for us. We're retired so time doesn't mean anything - we can go whenever we want.

The reason I asked about children or young people on the ship is because we are used to a quieter crowd - not that it makes any difference - we like a good party too. :)

What shore excursions did you like?

Thanks again!

Jan (and Rich)

NW New Jersey

We LOVED the Swimming with dolphins excursion in Puerta Vallarta, expensive but worth EVERY penny!!! We still talk about it almost daily!! What a great experience!

Archived