Carnival Inspiration: Cat 11 Balcony???

mr jailerman

I am really wrestling with this small(30 sq ft) Balcony!!! I had a Cat 11 booked a few days ago. After thinking about it I called and had it changed to a Cat 12 penthouse(Balcony 70 sq ft). I really don't want to spend the extra money on the Cat 12 except I'm 6"1 and around 290lbs and simply don't know If I can sit comfortable on the Cat 11 Balcony. I will have the room to myself(As I like)so the Cat 11 would be fine from the room standpoint. If anyone can offer any past experience reguarding these Balcony's please let me know soon. Cabins are selling quick for this cruise as all us (Corn fed:) ) midwesterns are booking to avoid "OLD MAN WINTER" if only for a long weekend. Thanks for your time and trouble and have a great day..

Here is a great thread for all you ever wanted to know about Fantasy balcony category 12 cabins. I was in U80 in May 06, and will be in a category 12 next April. To me, the balcony is worth it, not to menion the size of the rooms. My DH is 6'3" and 300 lb (recently a corrections officer and then cop until he took a "executive personal security" position). If he were with me, this is the only room I would consider, as we enjoy the solitude of the balcony. I think ya did good by changing for the small difference in fee.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=332945

Archived