NCL add a second ship in NYC!!!!!!!!!!!!

AdamsND04

NCL please add a second ship in NYC for the March season, the current itinerary isnt that good, but the ship is brand new, so either bring another ship in or change the itinerary to a true caribbean cruise!!!!

NCL please add a second ship in NYC for the March season, the current itinerary isnt that good, but the ship is brand new, so either bring another ship in or change the itinerary to a true caribbean cruise!!!!

And which city would you steal another ship from so NCL could put another into New York this March?

Here's where the NCL ships are sailing from this March.

NYC > Gem

Charleston > Majesty

Miami > Sun, Dawn, Jewel, and Pearl

New Orleans > Spirit

Los Angeles > Star

Honolulu > Pride of Aloha and Pride of America

Santiago and Buenos Aires > Dream

Barcelona > Jade

Well, which set of passengers would you like to make extremely angry?

What about those New York passengers who want to do a Florida cruise next March?

Personally, I thought it was a mistake to send the Sun to Miami, but instead of sailing it from New York, I would prefer that the Sun sailed from Houston! :D Be happy there's one ship in New York, it could have been none, like Houston.

The only port NCL have ships based year round is New York City and you want more ships? Yes, NCLA has two ships based in Hawaii, but not NCL. Don't you think Seattle, Los Angeles, New Orleans, Miami, Charleston, Philadelphia, and Boston would like to have ships based in their port year round?

From Texas, I would like to have a NCL ship based in Houston., even for three months, a half season. Nothing.

NCL has so many ships and must divide them worldwide. Unfortunately there is only one ship this winter in NY. During the winter season the North Atlantic isn't as nice as the summer season. However, next summer there will be three ships in NY and next winter there will be two ships in NY. Of course NCL will have one more ship in its fleet, the brand new Gem.

Why can't you take a drive up to Boston or fly down to Miami, which either driving or flying is only about 2 or 3 hours from NYC. Especially in March, it's freezing in NYC. I like to cruise in warm weather only, that's why I would fly to Miami or even Los Angeles!!

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

I wish they'd add the SS United States to the NY itinerary!

So do I.

But, as NCL drops smaller, older ships as it adds new ones, it's not easy to expand service to cities with existing service.

When NCL ordered the two new much larger F3 class ships, it's intentions were to be competitive again in Miami, where its corporative headquarter is located. That's why there four ships in Miami this winter, when it only had two ships in Miami last winter.

They dropped Houston, who knows when they will return? Numbers tell the story. They pulled two ships from Hawaii service, and one from New York for this winter. If NCL is concentrating back to Miami isn't obvious, what is?

The Jade and Gem are scheduled to sail from New York next winter, but only the Gem this winter. Can't New Yorkers survive with just one ship? I wish Houston still had one NCL ship always doing a Texacaribbean cruise.

It's not like NCL pulled competely our of New York. At least you know when a second ship returns. I wished I knew when NCL was returning to Houston. Don't you think Houston deserves a first ship before New York gets two?

I DO!

As for Miami getting more ships than New York, look at the itineraries available from Miami, and the length of the cruises. The Gem is scheduled for 10 and 11 day cruises for January and February next year. It performs just two cruises in three weeks, while every NCL ship sailing from Miami averages one cruise a week. In three weeks, that's one extra cruise, and one more cruise worth of profits they don't get from New York. Bottom line is that NCL can make more money sailing from Miami.

One problem getting to FL in the winter from NY....airports tend to shut down in snowy weather!

Why would you want to fly and chance missing your cruise in the winter when you can drive to the port in Manhattan no matter what the weather is?

On port intensive sailings, passengers like to have a few sea days to just chill out and relax.

MARAPRINCE

Well, the only reason I think NYC should have a second ship is to have more of a selection.

For example: In 2003 my family and I sailed on the Carnival Legend out of NYC to San Juan, St. Thomas, and Tortola. We loved Carnival it was our second cruise with them and everything was great. Since then Carnival has kept the same exact itinerary and will be for 2008 making it the 6th year in a row Carnival has done the same itnierary.

For 2004 we switched to RCCL and went on the Voyager for an amazing 9 day cruise visiting Labadee, Jamaica, and Grand Caymen. We loved RCCL as well and want to go back, but their cruises tend to be a little bit longer so it's hard to get everyone together.

Then this March I took the NCL Spirit down to the Carribbean and had a great time with 7 of my closest friends on Spring Break. The Dawn was also an option out of NYC and both ships were full thats why I don't understand the pulling of a second ship.

So, we were looking forward to another great spring break in the carribbean, but thats not the case, o'well we'll have to settle with florida and the bahamas no big deal.

The point being i'm just saying is that out of NYC you don't have too many options as far as itinerary goes especialy during the January-March season.

But, I love cruising so a cruise is a cruise and you can't go wrong with it.

It's not just the itinerary-- it's the ship. I'm not going to go on a big behemouth floating glass box like the Gem.

The Dawn is just as large as the Gem. The only choices NCL has for a smaller Freestyle friendly ship into New York is the Spirit and Sun. The Spirit is sailing from New Orleans this winter, and Sun is sailing from Miami.

Originally, the Sun was going to sail this winter from Honolulu. NCL scrapped those plans, and moved the Sun to Miami. I'll readily admit I think that plan was a mistake, the Sun should have been repositioned to Houston or New York instead. Houston's new cruise terminal and port will not be ready, so it's out this winter. But sending the Sun to New York, after seeing the Spirit receive unfavorable comparisions with the Dawn these past two years, is not in NCL's best interests, to see one of their better ships dished unfavorably in comparison.

Many were disappointed and irate when NCL moved the Sun and Pride of Hawaii's this winter to other locales, doing another move so late in the game would be suicidal. The time to move the Sun, or keep the Dawn in New York was when NCL made the latest changes. Now, it's too late.

Next winter, New York will have both the Gem returning, and the Jade will start service from New York. Both ships are the same size. If you wish to sail on a smaller ship from New York in the future, it appears the Spirit will be the only choice, and only during the summer months.

Looking long term, a few years into the future, I believe the Spirit will not be returning to New York. NCL will need it during the summer and winter seasons for smaller homeports, Boston, Philadelphia, Baltimore, and Charleston, sailing to Bermuda and the Caribbean as the Majesty's replacement. Meanwhile, the Sun will be needed for South America cruises during our winter season, and for sailing from Vancouver to Alaska during the summer season. Keeping the Sun on the West Coast will allow Vancouver to grow into a larger ship, and handy for Hawaii-Fanning Island itineraries if Hawaii cruises demand grows too.

The Dawn/Gem/Jade size ships will eventually be the smallest ships you'll see sailing from New York by NCL. Get use to them.

I would just like to see better Itineraries out of NY. My busy season at work is January through April15 (Tax Season), so those choices are no good for me. Most of the Spring, summer, Fall cruises out of NYC next year leave much to be desired. I want the 11 day Western Caribbean back out of NYC or a 10 day exotic Caribbean not stopping at Tortola or St Thomas. And I want it sailing in November...lol is that to much to ask for...:cool:.

Linda

I would just like to see better Itineraries out of NY. My busy season at work is January through April15 (Tax Season), so those choices are no good for me. Most of the Spring, summer, Fall cruises out of NYC next year leave much to be desired. I want the 11 day Western Caribbean back out of NYC or a 10 day exotic Caribbean not stopping at Tortola or St Thomas. And I want it sailing in November...lol is that to much to ask for...:cool:.

Linda

Take the Spirit or Dawn repo cruises in October instead. :cool:

Norwegian Dawn, October 28, 2007, 14-Day Circle the Caribbean, New York to Miami

Sun New York City - 4:00 PM

Mon At Sea - -

Tue At Sea - -

Wed St. Thomas 11:00 AM 5:00 PM

Thu St. Kitts 8:00 AM 3:00 PM

Fri Barbados 9:00 AM 6:00 PM

Sat At Sea - -

Sun Aruba 8:00 AM 7:00 PM

Mon Curacao 8:00 AM 4:00 PM

Tue At Sea - -

Wed Ocho Rios 8:00 AM 5:00 PM

Thu Grand Cayman 8:00 AM 5:00 PM

Fri Cozumel 9:00 AM 6:00 PM

Sat At Sea - -

Sun Miami 7:00 AM -

Norwegian Spirit, Nov 3, 2007, 15-Day Southern Caribbean, New York to New Orleans

Sat New York City - 4:00 PM

Sun At Sea - -

Mon At Sea - -

Tue St. Thomas 11:00 AM 5:00 PM

Wed St. Lucia 11:00 AM 6:00 PM

Thu Barbados 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

Fri At Sea - -

Sat Aruba 7:00 AM 7:00 PM

Sun At Sea - -

Mon At Sea - -

Tue Costa Maya 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

Wed Santo Tomas De Castilla 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

Thu Belize City 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

Fri Cozumel 8:00 AM 5:00 PM

Sat At Sea - -

Sun New Orleans 8:00 AM -

You would only have to fly back to New York, or take Amtrak back. At least you have some choices.

Meanwhile, Texans have zero choices from NCL this winter.

While I understand where you are coming from, I think more New Yorkers would rather have a two or three day no where cruise than your ten and eleven day cruises without the Virgin Islands. I also think there are more who will wish for the Virgin Islands to be included in the ten and eleven day cruises too.

There is no way any cruise line can please everyone with itineraries. Many have posted here that they wish to see Semana dropped,, even with a sea day.

Take the Spirit or Dawn repo cruises in October instead. :cool:

Norwegian Dawn, October 28, 2007, 14-Day Circle the Caribbean, New York to Miami

Sun New York City - 4:00 PM

Mon At Sea - -

Tue At Sea - -

Wed St. Thomas 11:00 AM 5:00 PM

Thu St. Kitts 8:00 AM 3:00 PM

Fri Barbados 9:00 AM 6:00 PM

Sat At Sea - -

Sun Aruba 8:00 AM 7:00 PM

Mon Curacao 8:00 AM 4:00 PM

Tue At Sea - -

Wed Ocho Rios 8:00 AM 5:00 PM

Thu Grand Cayman 8:00 AM 5:00 PM

Fri Cozumel 9:00 AM 6:00 PM

Sat At Sea - -

Sun Miami 7:00 AM -

Norwegian Spirit, Nov 3, 2007, 15-Day Southern Caribbean, New York to New Orleans

Sat New York City - 4:00 PM

Sun At Sea - -

Mon At Sea - -

Tue St. Thomas 11:00 AM 5:00 PM

Wed St. Lucia 11:00 AM 6:00 PM

Thu Barbados 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

Fri At Sea - -

Sat Aruba 7:00 AM 7:00 PM

Sun At Sea - -

Mon At Sea - -

Tue Costa Maya 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

Wed Santo Tomas De Castilla 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

Thu Belize City 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

Fri Cozumel 8:00 AM 5:00 PM

Sat At Sea - -

Sun New Orleans 8:00 AM -

You would only have to fly back to New York, or take Amtrak back.

That would be great...but for next year I am already vacation booked for the year. But would love the Dawn 14 day one...for 2008...:rolleyes:

thanks will be looking into that one.

Linda

There is a simple answer why not - fuel prices!

True caribbean cruises take 10-11 days and cost NCL a lot of money in fuel, so they are not very profitable.

Just my 2 cents,

Rada

There is a simple answer why not - fuel prices!

True caribbean cruises take 10-11 days and cost NCL a lot of money in fuel, so they are not very profitable.

Just my 2 cents,

Rada

10-11 Days??? No if you've seen my previous cruises you can do a caribbean cruise in 8 days just as ive sailed on in the past...

For years, upon years, Fl. residents had all the cruises and all the choices. Now that NYers have had a taste of leaving out of NY as well as the residents of NJ and CT, having a second ship out of NYC would greatly benefit NCL with additional business.

And you cannot forget that 10 year contract NCL signed with the City of NY to sail of out NY.

MARAPRINCE

For years, upon years, Fl. residents had all the cruises and all the choices. Now that NYers have had a taste of leaving out of NY as well as the residents of NJ and CT, having a second ship out of NYC would greatly benefit NCL with additional business.

And you cannot forget that 10 year contract NCL signed with the City of NY to sail of out NY.

MARAPRINCE

Yes, I'll agree. It is very convient, and you'll get more passengers sailing from other ports than Miami. I found cruises originating in Houston very handy.

But NCL has only 12 ships or so, not the over 20 ships that both Carnival and Royal Caribbean have. NCL can't possibly please as many home ports as their competitors can. Even they reduce the number of ships sailing from New York during the winter season. Golly, NCL has had two ships sailing from New York for just two short years. As other cruise lines keep cruise ships in New York during the winter, NCL should see less demand for cabins this year anyways. There is the possibility of having too many ships at a home port, look what happen to NCL in Honolulu.

NCL is bring back two ships to New York next winter. It's too late to do so this winter...

This winter NCL will have the newest ship in the fleet, next year NCL will have their two newest ships in the fleet sailing out of New York during the winter season.

Five seasons ago no NCL ships were sailing out of New York during the winter months. NCL was the first cruise line to offer cruises during the winter.

I do not feel sorry for New York. The only other place NCL sails year round is Honolulu, and its more of a destination than home port.

MARAPRINCE

I'm on the fence about multiple ships in NYC... I just want some more interesting itineraries...

Being from New England, I have zero interest in Canada/New England trips... I can do that in my car or motorcycle.

The florida/bahamas run is old and tired... They should phase it out. I enjoyed a longer Spirit cruise out of New York to the Southern Caribbean much more.

Who knows... maybe in the coming years tourism in the D.R. might improve and maybe Cuba will even open up... could be something to look forward to someday.

And I am sure the passengers in Los Angeles are tired of Mexican Riveria cruises, Seattle of Alaskan cruises, New Orleans of Western Caribbean cruises, New Yorkers of Bermuda, Canadian, and Florida/Bahamas cruises.

Because of its close proximity, Miami has always had the most choices of Southern, Eastern, and Western Caribbean cruises. And even from Miami a Southern Caribbean cruise takes over seven days to do.

While you may be tired of Bermuda and the Bahamas, even possibly both the Virgin Islands, I will say those sailing from New Orleans are just as tired of Cozumel, and those sailing from Los Angeles are as tired of Puerto Vallara.

While New Yorkers are tired of their Canadian, Florida/Bahamas, and Bermuda/Virgin Islands cruises, this winter NCL is offering Southern Caribbean cruises from Miami they didn't do last year. And since most American prefer Miami over New York, and it takes three sea days instead of two sea days to reach the Southern Caribbean, I think most Americans would prefer two more port days sailing from Miami. The logistics and itineraries will always be better from Miami.

NCL has to offer Aruba as a port on a cruise from New York when a ship repositions to another American home port. That happens in April and October, not March.

Archived