Suitcase size?

I am packing for my first cruise and need to know what size suitcase everyone brings? I have a variety of sizes, all soft sided. Please give me measurements for your main suitcase! Thanks!

oh, I forgot to mention....we are driving not flying, so as long as there is room in the car I have no restrictions.

Never big enuf for me - and I desperately try to fit everything into my HUGE biggest piece but then end up going over the 50 lb weight allowance - so end up bringing a 2nd suitcase (for the heavy stuff)...and I even bought a new LIGHTWEIGHT piece of luggage (only 7 lbs empty) so I can stuff even more into it!:eek:

You should check your airline's luggage allowances to ensure you don't bring anything too big (usually 62 inches around is the max)

Good luck.

Froufie

My wife is looking for a steamer trunk for our Alaska Cruise. She has been buying clothes since our last cruise. I think she now plans to take about 12 pairs of PJs for a 7 day cruise. She also has purchased about 6 different outfits for Formal night. (No Jeans tho!)

Guess who gets to lug all this luggage!@!@!????

I am packing for my first cruise and need to know what size suitcase everyone brings? I have a variety of sizes, all soft sided. Please give me measurements for your main suitcase! Thanks!

oh, I forgot to mention....we are driving not flying, so as long as there is room in the car I have no restrictions.

We packed way to much for our first cruise 16 bags for 6 pople (4 adults 2 kids).........2 cabins

after un-packing we put our small bags inside the medium bags and stowed them under the beds................put our large bags standing in two of the closets.....had them zipped 3/4 on both sides for a standing clothes hamper....it keeps the cabin clear of clutter.

pf619,

We also have soft sided luggage. I just measured our largest piece of luggage and it is 1 foot tall when laying on it's side, ample room to slide it under the bed after it is empty. There are other options that we go with such as: we bring two suit bags (wrinkling avoided), I put clothes in one for one formal night and half of the casual dining nights, and the other half of these same clothes into the other suit bag. Then my DW does the same, and if one bag gets lost (it happened once, arrived two days later) we both have something to wear to the dining room. We also leave the clothes in these bags on the hangers and just take them out and hang them in the closet, it only takes a minute or so to unpack these bags. We also pack shorts and pants and leave them on the hangers as well, it makes for quicker packing and unpacking. If you should run out of space in the drawers or closet, you can opt to keep some items such as underwear, t-shirts, shoes or socks in the luggage that is under the bed. We also use one for dirty laundry (bring some plastic bags for wet items to go into first).

If you can get the luggage into the trunk of the car you will be able to find a place for it in your cabin. As mentioned previously, just try to find a place for things once in the cabin in order to avoid clutter, there is not very much counter space to work with, either in the cabin or in the bathroom. Preparation makes a great deal of difference in trying to avoid annoying problems. Good luck and a happy voyage to you.

Randy

YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME WITH THIS POST ?????? :eek:

Just bring the suitcase which holds the clothes you intend to bring ! :cool:

Since you'll be driving to the port, no weight restrictions will be imposed with your checked luggage. So - bring whatever size will hold all your stuff.

As far as carry-on pieces, also no weight limit, but they must fit into the 17"x24" x-ray opening. That's width and height, no length limitations.

Archived