? for Emi,Suebee or Spleen re:golf

pmc7704

We'll be staying at HHV for a few days in October, and my husband would like to play golf there before we leave. (it's a guy thing, he has to play where ever we vacation, like a tradition. lol) Problem is, we won't have a car, soooo, do any of you know the closest golf course that maybe would supply transportation, or do you have any other suggestions. He really would like to play on a nice course, not TOO diffficult, and relatively easy or inexpensive to get to from HHV. You guys have all been wonderful at answering all these questions, and I for one really appreciate it. :D

Hi, well, my husband can golf at the bases; but as far as I know, the closest public golf course is Ala Wai which is downtown. You can easily take a cab/bus there. Its not the best on the island, but without a car, it will do. With a car, many like KoOlina Golf Club.

Here is a site my husband uses:

http://www.hawaiigolfguide.com/

And the Ala Wai:

http://www.hawaiigolfguide.com/courses/honoluluoahu/1018.html

Thats a start for you!

Gosh Suebee, you're not only helpful, but quick . :eek: Thanks a lot. Do you (or your husband) know anything about Coral Creek, is it a close, decent course ?

;)

Well, I Dont personally, but looking at the web site I gave you, I see that the course is in Ewa Beach which, if you look at a map of Oahu, is directly on the other side of pearl harbor from Honolulu. If it's true you dont have access to a car, you cant get there without alternate transport....and the bus wouldnt let you take the clubs....and a taxi would be costly.

Spleen lives over in that direction...maybe he knows more about the course.

Coral Creek? I drive by it everyday going to work. :) Never stepped foot on it (don't golf) so can't tell you how good (or bad) a course it is, however. And I would agree that it would be a stretch to get there from Waikiki without a car. Closest to Waikiki is definitely going to be the Ala Wai (but the wait can be VERY long - it's a very highly in demand course since it's the only one in town itself). You might want to call the HHV and talk to their concierge - they probably have a deal with one of the local courses for green fees and transportation put together in a package.

Spleen

Archived