St Paul De Vence Question

This is my first post on this board, and after reading a ton of threads about St Paul, I'm a little confused.

It seems from what I'm reading that there are no buses that run to St Paul on Sundays, however, I don't want to rent a car. Does the train run on Sunday, and if so, is this an easy way to travel?

If this information has been posted already I apologize, but I couldn't find it anywhere.

Thanks,

Melissa

From everything I've read, St Paul was the place to see, but would Eze but just as nice? And if so, can you take the train there?

I'm trying to save some money by doing certain ports on my own, plus seeing what I want to see instead of what the cruise ship excursions want you to. Any advice would be great.

Someone here would be way better to give you directions to Eze on the train. Actually you could probably search those two words and get you answer. I think you can only get a train to the base and then it's a bus up. I love St. Paul, it's definitely my favourite place..

Cruise Junky is right, you can take the train to the base of Eze and then a bus up. In June we did both St. Paul and Eze, personally we loved Eze much more. St. Paul is it is a bigger town and wonderful if you love art galleries, Eze to me was so so cute, the paths are so tiny, that it felt like the entire town was carved into the mountain, and the views from the eagle nest over the med. sea were awesome. You don't get the view at St. Paul. When we got to Eze, I didn't want to leave, I wished I had spent the extra time there just wondering in and out of the shops.

Thank you all of your help. I'm glad my cruise isn't until November since I have so many decisions to make:)

If I do go to Eze and take the train, would I still be able to take the bus up even though I'll be there on a Sunday?

Sorry for all the questions...first time cruiser to the Mediterranean :o

Hello-

I just returned from the Med and I booked a private tour with Michel from Revelation Tours who took us to both Eze and St. Paul as well as many other stops. IMHO I prefer St. Paul to Eze hands down. In fact I would go as far as to say that I would go to St. Paul and skip Eze and spend more time in the other stops we made including Nice and Monaco.

St Paul was my first choice, so because of the bus situation it looks like I'm going to have to book a tour through the ship. With RCCL, it seems like we'll have about 1 hour to walk around on our own since we also stop in Nice, but I guess it's better than nothing.

Thanks so much for everything...wish me luck.

Melissa, I also prefer St. Paul de Vence over Eze. (If you do a search of similar threads in the past, you'll find the vast majority of board members have preferred St. Paul de Vence, although they are both wonderful.) Have you considered checking the roll call thread for your sailing? That is another feature on these boards that may be of great use for you. We had 8 passengers in our van for a fabulous tour with Dream Tours--my second time using that company that I highly recommend--for a cost of 75 Euros each, not including lunch or tip. You may find that the cost of a private tour for the entire day is not much more than a 1/2 shore excursion in this area, and you'll see so much more on a private tour. I've had a lot of fun visiting with fellow passengers prior to the cruise using the roll call section too, so I advise you to check that out.

Have a great trip,

Donna

I sent an email to the office of tourism in St Paul asking about the buses for Sunday, and this is what they replied with:

On Sundays, buses are running, but there is less departure, you will have

schedule of the line to Saint Paul de Vence on :

http://www.cg06.fr/transport/lignes-tam/400.swf

And as well the 100 from Villefranche to Nice (where you catch the 400)

http://www.cg06.fr/transport/lignes-tam/100.pdf

I thought this might be helpful to anyone else who might be thinking of going there on a Sunday :)

Don't give up on St Paul de Vence. We plan on going by train from Villefranche to Cagnes-sur-Mer then a short taxi ride (3 miles) to st Paul. I'm at work at the moment so can't post the train schedules but I found it at www.voyages-sncf.com. Click on the Union Jack in the bottom left hand corner to translate into english

Thanks suekay...I've been away for a little bit so I couldn't reply, but I checked out that website, and that's really helpful.

I'm definitely going to St Paul no matter what...after all of this research I know it will be worth it!

Archived