Another "beach" question, Bermuda

AJTWC

First, thanks to those who answered my "towel question". We are going to Horseshoe Bay Beach in Bermuda. Does anyone know if blankets and/or beach chairs can be rented. Also, the beach is advertised as being handicapped accessible. Has anyone who has been there ever noticed special beach wheelchairs, usually made with PVC piping, having very wide wheels?

First, thanks to those who answered my "towel question". We are going to Horseshoe Bay Beach in Bermuda. Does anyone know if blankets and/or beach chairs can be rented. Also, the beach is advertised as being handicapped accessible. Has anyone who has been there ever noticed special beach wheelchairs, usually made with PVC piping, having very wide wheels?

Yes, umbrellas and chairs can be rented. It is CASH only, it cost us around 30$ but then you get part of it back, I don't remember exactly. I believe they had the beach wheelchairs. Be warned though that the beach is at the bottom of a very long hill where the bus drops you off. If this is an issue I would suggest taking a taxi. The also had a concession stand and showers/changing room.

Click on the link in my signature for pictures from the Explorer and Bermuda.

BTW Welcome to the Boards and to the wonderful world of cruising.

Archived