Howard Johnsons Old San Juan ?

Familycruzer11

We are taking our second Crown Voyage next spring and again leaving out of Old San Juan (we loved it so much!). We are later than usual with our booking (if 9 months is late), and found most Old San Juan hotels sold out, including the Sheraton, where we wanted to day.

We are arriving one day early, just to walk around OSJ, shop, board early and not stress any possible flight delays. So - it is only ONE NIGHT I am worried about.

We definitely want to walk to the Cruise Ship and the only hotel not sold out that I could find was the Howard Johnsons...

Has anyone here stayed there and how bad is it ?(expedia has 2 of 5 stars). Not only is it close, it is half the price of the other hotels, so for one night.....:confused:

All thoughts/opinons very welcome!

Our family of four is having the same problem. We are traveling Presidents week and cannot find a hotel. Many have availability, but won't book for just one night. We may meeting you in Old San Juan battling for the same park bench to sleep on the night before the cruise! Anyone have any recommendations?

We are going 4/18 and were able to book the Howard Johnsons for a night (there are 4 of us as well - 2 rooms). I was wondering how bad (if bad) this hotel may be.... Have you tried it ? I reserved it in case I can't find anything else. We do like walking to be walking distance to the pier. THey took one night reservations.

I ended up booking the Howard Johnson for the same reason. All the other hotels were either sold out or would only accept reservations for 2+ nights.

I've read some reviews on the hotel and they aren't bad. One interesting thing is that some of the rooms are interior so they don't have windows.

We're sailing in February so maybe someone can post a review before then. - SF

Last year sailed b2b on the Crown,,it was wonderful,,,we stayed pre cruise at the HOJO in Old SJ..it is in a great location,,to shop and enjoy Old SJ..but the hotel is VERY old,,the rooms face sort of an inside courtyard,,no windows,,small,,ok,,for a night,and the elevator is ancient,,one person (and a hotel employee) at a time,,you will want/need to be able to walk up a very narrow stairwell..,they advertise you can walk to the (not the Pan American Pier) pier,,but unless you have virtually no luggage,,and are in darn good physical shape,,it will be difficult,,its downhill,,and not an easy walk,,I was under the impression,,you walk out of the hotel,,and the pier is right there..no,,you will want/need a taxi.The only convenient hotel is the Sheraton,,and its very expensive,,per night...The Best Western is older,,near the Condada..and OK,,,SJ hotels are pricey,,

Archived