Quality Inn Galveston Taxi fare to port?

cvanhorn

Someone around Galveston please check and let me know what the taxi fare will be from the Quality Inn & Suites to the Carnival pier? Thanks!! Cliff

We stayed there in Jan 07 just prior to our 2nd Conquest trip. We thought the Hotel was a good value on a nice section of the beach. $15 each way for a cab is what they told us. We decided to spring the extra $15 to park at lighthouse ($45 w/reservation). This let us keep the majority of our bags in the car over night, and got us out of Glaveston much, much easier on the return.

Review-Galveston Quality Inn & Suites

We found this hotel sufficient for our needs. The hotel was clean and the staff was efficient. We booked directly with the hotel online. We paid $135 for three people on a Saturday night precruise. We were gulf front and if you look to the north you can see the cruise ships in port.

The hotel had free Internet and they also included breakfast. No shuttle to the port so we took a cab for $18.00. Directly next door is a Tex-Mex restaurant and also a McDonald's.

A half a block up the road is a large supermarket with a pharmacy which was handy because we forgot to pack a few item.

Happy sailing!:)

• 3 weeks later...

In our experience, if you have a problem with the room and tell them about it they will get it fixed or move you! Choice hotels has their 2 stays get a free night (8000 points) promotion going until November 30! We have always had decent rooms and a good breakfast at all the Comforts, Qualitys, or Sleep Inns we have stayed at. If not a Choice Priveleges member go to choicehotels.com and look into signing up. Cliff

There are 12 of us booked at this hotel. I'm so happy to hear good reviews. We didn't have much choice since we are going at the end of bike week. Yeah I know what you're thinking,:rolleyes: but we didn't know when we booked the cruise. Next time I'll do a search before committing to anything.

Archived