Just for fun...wink wink

bettyonboard

Ok, I have enjoyed the "How perfect does your cruise have to be", so much, that it gave me an idea that I am sure that someone will help with. It cracks me up about some things that people get upset about. So what if you had to choose one thing or another, for instance....

A glass of water only filled once every five minutes or shrimp cocktail missing one shrimp?

Dinner with everyone in pj's or men wearing "tux-looking t-shirts"? C'mon you now the ones.

An extra day at sea with a free massage, but having to miss a port?

Free reservations to the fancy-smancy dining room but no drinks with dinner?

Poolside, best lounge chair or no water in the pool?

So do you get it? I think somethings are all about give and take. Not everyone is going to have a perfect cruise. Yes, we pay a lot of money to be treated like a "celebrity", but even celebritys have problems..hence shaving heads, drunk driving, sleeping with your best friend...I am glad I am me, and am going to have a Fantastic cruise! How many pairs of shoes can a girl take on a cruise? Ooooh theres another...

Suitcase full of shoes or no underware.

I am sure that someone can come up with better ones than me. (sorry about the color changes)

I'm not sure I'm understanding your post. Do you want us to choose among these imperfections like so:

A glass of water only filled once every five minutes or shrimp cocktail missing one shrimp? SHRIMP COCKTAIL MISSING ONE SHRIMP. I DRINK A LOT OF WATER AND DON'T CARE ABOUT NO SHRIMP COCKTAIL.

Dinner with everyone in pj's or men wearing "tux-looking t-shirts"? C'mon you now the ones. EITHER WOULD BE FINE WITH ME, AS LONG AS THE PAJAMAS WERE DISCREET AND COVERED EVERYTHING...

An extra day at sea with a free massage, but having to miss a port? I'D RATHER HAVE THE PORT. ONBOARD SPA SERVICES HAVE NEVER IMPRESSED ME MUCH.

Free reservations to the fancy-smancy dining room but no drinks with dinner? SURE, I'LL TAKE THE DINNER!

Poolside, best lounge chair or no water in the pool? I'LL TAKE THE BEST CHAIR. I DON'T GET IN THE WATER OFTEN, ANYWAY.

Did I do what you wanted? If not, I apologize for misunderstanding...

I have to go with the missed port. I'd just as soon have an extra sea day and the massage.

I'd take the free dinner in the specialty restaurant. It's a no brainer, because I don't drink alcohol.

How about this one? You're stuck at sea for an extra day because ship can't get home in time. It messes up all flights for the originally scheduled day home. I would love to have the extra day, and I always schedule my flight home for at least one day late.

Happy cruising to all!

Bob

I'm sorry, my wording is off. I was just reading all the posts from the previous thread of a so called perfect cruise, and was wondering, what if you had one or another not so pleasant things to choose from, then what do you do? Some people want everything perfect, and I would like to see some in a situation of not perfect to really not perfect. Then how do you choose? Sorry again for the cofusion. The scenerio I am looking for is out there, I'm just not that great at conveying it.

Maybe I am wrong, but I think the OP wants US to make up imperfections. I think she means this to be a game, as in

Would you rather have the waiter err and bring you the wrong drink or spill the correct drink on your best outfit?

Would you rather the cabin steward leave you a ratty looking towel animal or plain, but very fluffy towels?

Now it's someone else's turn!

Haven't been on my first cruise yet (coming up in early spring (Alaska!!!!):D

However, DH and I are thinking we'll ask for earplugs so we won't hear the whining or...

Tell the waiter that we would like four glasses of water every three minutes and be sure to bring cold shrimp gumbo, no shrimp cocktails ... or

Ask the person that takes care of our room to make animals out of the toilet paper, we don't want towels used for this ... or

Ask for hard pillows and soft sheets, no

blanket, we want quilts ... or

Ask if we can wear chicken suits like that gal mentioned she would not care (our kind of gal)

on formal nights. DH likes my heels so heels with the chicken suits...formal nights? ... or

Ask if we could just use a jacobs ladder if it is too crowded disembarking...

This is fun...wink, wink ;)

How about:

You can only eat the goat cheese souffle 3 meals a day every day of your cruise OR you can have what ever you want but have your waiters smell like goats. (Ok, this happened to us once. Not on X but everytime the waiters leaned over to serve something we almost fainted!)

How about:

You can only eat the goat cheese souffle 3 meals a day every day of your cruise OR you can have what ever you want but have your waiters smell like goats. (Ok, this happened to us once. Not on X but everytime the waiters leaned over to serve something we almost fainted!)

You cracked me up!

Archived