How many "Free" Dinning Rooms on the Dawn?

MikeACY

Just wondering how many free dinning rooms are on the Dawn? Also, how many nights are optional "Formal Nights"? And we have approx 20 people with us. I have heard you can make reservations early in the day so we can sit together. How would we go about doing that....via going to the Dinning room or can we do it from our cabin?

Thanks again..

Mike

There are 3 main no reservation sit down restaurants. There is a buffet, and the snack bar(Blue lagoon). there are two reservation restaurants that have no cover fee and three reservation restaurants with a cover charge....I think that covers it. There is also room service. There is generally one optional formal night in other words they have it but you don't have to dress up for it-although you must wear resort casual essentially no shorts and a collared shirt for men and anything but jeans, shorts and swim wear for a woman.

With 20 people you should see the maitre d of the sit down restaurant that you want and discuss options...

There are 3 main no reservation sit down restaurants. There is a buffet, and the snack bar(Blue lagoon). there are two reservation restaurants that have no cover fee and three reservation restaurants with a cover charge....I think that covers it. There is also room service. There is generally one optional formal night in other words they have it but you don't have to dress up for it-although you must wear resort casual essentially no shorts and a collared shirt for men and anything but jeans, shorts and swim wear for a woman.

With 20 people you should see the maitre d of the sit down restaurant that you want and discuss options...

So lets see if I have this right...there are 5 No Fee Restaurents...but two of them require reservations. Is that right?

Mike

So lets see if I have this right...there are 5 No Fee Restaurents...but two of them require reservations. Is that right?

Mike

There are 5-1 sit down they serve you restaurants.

Aqua

Impressions(which according to the NCL website has become an Italian rest-boo this was my favorite) replacing a smaller Italian elsewhere- reservations required

Venetian

Salsa- reservations required

so there are only 4.

Three paid

Le Bistro French

Cagneys Steak House

The Japanese one(that on their list they show as two)

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/fleet/publicRooms.html?shipCode=DAWN

The main dining rms are Aqua (no windows, but pretty), Impressions (my fav.) and the Venetian (largest, 2 tiered) The dinner menus are the same in each restaurant. Salsas is the Mexican, and the Italian (cant remember name, La Trattoria maybe?) they have no cover.

Cagneys is the steakhouse with cover (excellent)

Le Bistro is the intimate French one with cover. It's lovely, kind of dark, sort of cramped and hectic when the action gets going. We ate next to the authentic Monet. Not bad, but not my fav.

Then there is the Asian cover restaurant, Bamboo, Sushi Bar and Teppanyaki.

We enjoyed the Teppanyaki.....watching the food being prepared, tossed, flames.....fun.

You can make reservations from your cabin.

The main dining rms are Aqua (no windows, but pretty), Impressions (my fav.) and the Venetian (largest, 2 tiered) The dinner menus are the same in each restaurant. Salsas is the Mexican, and the Italian (cant remember name, La Trattoria maybe?) they have no cover.

Cagneys is the steakhouse with cover (excellent)

Le Bistro is the intimate French one with cover. It's lovely, kind of dark, sort of cramped and hectic when the action gets going. We ate next to the authentic Monet. Not bad, but not my fav.

Then there is the Asian cover restaurant, Bamboo, Sushi Bar and Teppanyaki.

We enjoyed the Teppanyaki.....watching the food being prepared, tossed, flames.....fun.

You can make reservations from your cabin.

The Monet is gone....moved to another ship.

Here's a list of restaurants aboard the Norwegian Dawn.

Venetian Main Restaurant (Main Dining Room)

Cuisine: Continental

Surcharge: No

Reservations Required: No

Aqua Main Restaurant (Main Dining Room)

Cuisine: Light Modern Continental

Impressions of Italy

Cuisine: Italian

Bamboo - A Taste of Asia

Cuisine: Japanese, Thai, Chinese (Sushi, Sashimi, Teppanyaki)

Surcharge: Yes, $12.50 per person

Reservations Required: Yes

Le Bistro French Restaurant

Cuisine: French

Surcharge: Yes, $15 per person

Cagney's Steakhouse

Cuisine: Steak

Surcharge: Yes, $20 per person

Salsa

Cuisine: Mexican, Tex-Mex Tapas Bar

Garden Cafe/Kids' Cafe

Cuisine: Assorted Buffet, Food Stations, Kid-Sized Buffet

Blue Lagoon

Cuisine: Food Court, Grill

Not enough free dining rooms. Odds are, you won't be eating together too often. That was my only complaint about the Dawn (just got back this past Saturday). That is, unless you want to eat in the cafeteria (Garden Cafe). I wish I had known about this issue prior to leaving. You have to make reservations the day of or the day before (didn't learn this until we got there). So as soon as you walk on, MAKE RESERVATIONS somewhere!!! In the restaurants (we were only able to try 3 while on our 7-day trip), the food is good. Just VERY VERY difficult to get in. OH - and if you cause a big stink about it, they'll "make room" for you. Learned this on our last evening when other folks were doing it. The restaunts fill up super fast (well, the list does). You need to be up at 7:00 am to make your reservations. Good luck!

Everything else on the ship was awesome though. Free style should be first come, first served (my opinion - and most of the folks I spoke to on the ship also).

Not enough free dining rooms. Odds are, you won't be eating together too often. That was my only complaint about the Dawn (just got back this past Saturday). That is, unless you want to eat in the cafeteria (Garden Cafe). I wish I had known about this issue prior to leaving. You have to make reservations the day of or the day before (didn't learn this until we got there). So as soon as you walk on, MAKE RESERVATIONS somewhere!!! In the restaurants (we were only able to try 3 while on our 7-day trip), the food is good. Just VERY VERY difficult to get in. OH - and if you cause a big stink about it, they'll "make room" for you. Learned this on our last evening when other folks were doing it. The restaunts fill up super fast (well, the list does). You need to be up at 7:00 am to make your reservations. Good luck!

Everything else on the ship was awesome though. Free style should be first come, first served (my opinion - and most of the folks I spoke to on the ship also).

Do all restaurants in your home town use first come-first serve, or do ust a few use reservations? Look at my list again in my earlier reply. The Buffet, the Main Restaurants, and a few others use first come-first serve. Just a few of the very small restaurants use reservations. :rolleyes:

Therefore, I disagree with you, just as long as NCL continue to use both systems.

Here's a list of restaurants aboard the Norwegian Dawn.

Venetian Main Restaurant (Main Dining Room)

Cuisine: Continental

Aqua Main Restaurant (Main Dining Room)

Cuisine: Light Modern Continental

Impressions of Italy

Cuisine: Italian

Bamboo - A Taste of Asia

Cuisine: Japanese, Thai, Chinese (Sushi, Sashimi, Teppanyaki)

Surcharge: Yes, $12.50 per person

Le Bistro French Restaurant

Cuisine: French

Surcharge: Yes, $15 per person

Cagney's Steakhouse

Cuisine: Steak

Surcharge: Yes, $20 per person

Salsa

Cuisine: Mexican, Tex-Mex Tapas Bar

Garden Cafe/Kids' Cafe

Cuisine: Assorted Buffet, Food Stations, Kid-Sized Buffet

Blue Lagoon

Cuisine: Food Court, Grill

How is the Impressions of Italy? Is there a long wait for this? Or can you go right in? I will be sailing on the Dawn Aug 11th.

Also are these restaurants open for lunch as well? Or shall I saw open all day long? Or is it only for din din?

Most are not open for lunch. Venetian is. as are the buffet and Blue Lagoon (which is open pretty much all the time)...

How is the Impressions of Italy? Is there a long wait for this? Or can you go right in? I will be sailing on the Dawn Aug 11th.

I thought the Italian specialty restaurant requires reservations, so there is no wait if you have one :)

Impressions BEFORE it became Impressions of Italy (during last drydock) did not require reservations, but I think that has now changed. When the Italian specialty restaurant was La Trattoria it DID require reservations.

I thought the Italian specialty restaurant requires reservations, so there is no wait if you have one :)

Impressions BEFORE it became Impressions of Italy (during last drydock) did not require reservations, but I think that has now changed. When the Italian specialty restaurant was La Trattoria it DID require reservations.

I'll update my list when I receive some confirmations. It's a bigger place, so it may or may not require reservations.

Archived