Report - Doubletree Hotel San Pedro by CJW

Just returned from the Mariner's SP to Mexico to SF and back to SP cruise, of course that's another story though! We stayed at the DT the night before the cruise. Had a small miscommunication upon check-in being that I had booked a Marina View Balcony room and was given a Parking Lot No Balcony room. Was told they did not have any more balcony rooms available and that they were very sorry for the mix-up. After I explained that there was a difference in money between the two and that I didn't understand that if the category was still open for me to book it why wouldn't one be available. They were very nice and after they talked to their manager we were told that a balcony room was being prepared for us and it would only be a 30-40 min wait. It was more like an hour but they profusely apologized and in no time we were in one of their few Marina View Balcony rooms.

We met our neighbors out on our balconies and they ended up being some Cruise Critic friends from our rollcall, which was very nice! The room was great, the view fantastic and the surrounding grounds were beautiful! We will happily stay there again. We did meet with two other couples from our rollcall that were also staying there, had some drinks and appetizers downstairs. We had taken the shuttle down to the Acapulco and had lunch earlier and walked down the way to see if the Norweign Star or the Coral Princess were getting ready to depart. Nothing looked like it was happening so we called for our shuttle to pick us up and just before it arrived we were able to watch the Star sailaway. By the time we got back to the Doubletree, we were able to sit on our balcony and watch the Coral do the same thing. It was great!

The next morning we had their wonderful breakfast that was included with our stay. We had a 10:30am shuttle appt. and arrived within minutes at the check-in for the Mariner. We were first time Royal passengers but we still didn't have to wait very long to check-in and before we knew it, we were onboard. We did what everyone else did and went up to the Windjammer for a light bite and then went up to the Solarium for a pre-meet with our Cruise Critic Rollcall friends.

When we returned to SP we had late disembarkation luggage tags, which we didn't mind at all, so we went and had breakfast in the MDR. Went to the theater at 9:30am to wait for our turn to leave and ended up being told all colors were welcome to disembark. Found our luggage quickly, called for the shuttle back at the DT to pick us up but one rolled up just a minute later and we were able to take it. Went straight to the car, loaded up and off to home we went! Loved how easy it was. We are going again in 2 years and will definitely stay there again. Thanks again Curt for recommending it to me!

I have a reservation in a few weeks at the Doubletree so we can park our car there. I just called them to confirm once again - YOU DON'T HAVE TO RESERVE THE PARK AND CRUISE PACKAGE TO KEEP YOUR CAR PARKED THERE FOR FREE WHILE YOU CRUISE. It's free parking without the package. The package does also give you breakfast and an amenity upon check-in, but the free parking while cruising is allowed with any type of room reservation. :D

I have a reservation in a few weeks at the Doubletree so we can park our car there. I just called them to confirm once again - YOU DON'T HAVE TO RESERVE THE PARK AND CRUISE PACKAGE TO KEEP YOUR CAR PARKED THERE FOR FREE WHILE YOU CRUISE. It's free parking without the package. The package does also give you breakfast and an amenity upon check-in, but the free parking while cruising is allowed with any type of room reservation. :D

Yes, this is correct. I don't understand why they allow it since they do have the Park and Cruise Pkg, but I wasn't going to argue with them.......lol! ;)

We will be borading Carnival on May 31 and made park and sail package with Doubletree Inn from Carson. It is $119 a night. I have called the office to ask about the difference between cruise package and non cruise package. The lady on the phone told me the difference will be NO shuttle to the pier and NO breakfast.

I wonder if this is true. I personally don't care for any fancy breakfast,but I do need the shuttle service.

We will be borading Carnival on May 31 and made park and sail package with Doubletree Inn from Carson. It is $119 a night. I have called the office to ask about the difference between cruise package and non cruise package. The lady on the phone told me the difference will be NO shuttle to the pier and NO breakfast.

I wonder if this is true. I personally don't care for any fancy breakfast,but I do need the shuttle service.

Are you saying that you are booked at the Doubletree in Carson? Carson is inland and not very close to the pier.

Archived