RCCL Adventure Ocean 11 & 12 yo together?

improvgirl

I am narrowing down my choices for my first-time cruise and am leaning towards RCCL, but their Adventure Ocean breaks up kids from 9 -11, and then 12 - 14. We are taking two kids, best friends, ages 11 & 12. Will they let my 11 yo dd move up to the 12 - 14 group?

I have asked the agent at RCCL and he says "probably". But this would ruin our cruise if not allowed. Our daughter is an only and we wouldn't pay $400 for her to take a friend and then they couldn't do stuff together. That would suck.

You have a better chance getting the 12 year old to move DOWN to the 9-11 year old group then getting the 11 to move up.

And your TA is wrong. I would never tell anyone "probably" because we have seen on MANY threads around here that they did NOT allow the kids to move...for whatever reason.

This question is asked at least once every few days....so can you imagine how many people ask onboard?

So, no, there is no guarantee at all. You can ask on the first day, explain the situation and ask if the 12 year old can move down. If they allow it, they allow it on a "provisional" basis...which means she'll have 24 hours as a test. If everything goes well, then she'll stay. But it ALL depends on the counselors.

If this would truly ruin your cruise, then wait till your 11 year old turns 12. Take the cruise for her 12th birthday. Don't leave it to chance.

Thanks for the reply.

It actually wasn't my TA, it was RCCL directly - customer service phone number.

And, we can't wait. I mean, we may take another cruise when she turns 12, but this is our date this time. I am divorced and have shared parenting with dd's dad, so I only have her on spring break every other year, and we can't go summers because of sports committments. We also have a school break in the fall, but we go to WDW every year for that because we love the food & wine festival. So, if you really don't think they'll move the kids around to accommodate us, we'll just have to go with another cruise line, I suppose.

I'm thinking NCL Gem, as their kids program has the ages broken up 10 -12.

Thanks for the reply.

It actually wasn't my TA, it was RCCL directly - customer service phone number.

And, we can't wait. I mean, we may take another cruise when she turns 12, but this is our date this time. I am divorced and have shared parenting with dd's dad, so I only have her on spring break every other year, and we can't go summers because of sports committments. We also have a school break in the fall, but we go to WDW every year for that because we love the food & wine festival. So, if you really don't think they'll move the kids around to accommodate us, we'll just have to go with another cruise line, I suppose.

I'm thinking NCL Gem, as their kids program has the ages broken up 10 -12.

WOW! RCCL told you that? That is so wrong. :eek: Go post your question on the RCCL board and see if anyone was able to move the kids. Usually the answer is no but they DO make exceptions. The exceptions I have seen are when the kids are turning the next age only days/weeks before they cruise.

Archived