victory capers

sau3734

sau3734 - Would that be the NYC, St John, Halifax, NYC cruise? We just completed the Victory 7/28/07 sailing with those ports. If this is what you are looking for, I'll see if the DW brought them home. What event specifically were you looking for?

yes that is the one i;m talking about. i have heard alot of negative feedback on the victory about the long lines getting on board, buffet and leaving...LOL...i want to read the capers before i left...leaving on sept 3rd sailing...would appreciate if you can scan and email to me or post on the site here...

thanks

jerry

We just posted a review of the Victory.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=603631

Short answer - it may be possible to hit long lines, but we did not really see them. Remember that there are 2700+ passengers. Our leaving was longer because the ship hit the pier and the police sent all the taxi cabs away and would not let people off. Thus we got bunched up. Higher decks appear to disembark first. Carry your own luggage off and you can leave when you desire. One really nice thing is that Carnival served full breakfast on the last day from 6 to 8 am.

We have two capers - one from St John and one from Halifax. Others we did not bring home. For those two days, we do not have the summary list that is detachable. we detached and used them.

Put an email address in your profile for a day or so and I'll email what I have. Even 1 bit pdf's are too large. Note that the capers had the time wrong for the "Simply Friends" dance band on several occasions. Generally it listed them as starting earlier than they did. If you read the whole thing, you would discover that the parties often started (1/2 hour) before the band did.

Jerry - we found another caper from the Victory stuck in our backpack. You should get 3 emails - one each for Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday capers. Each file contains one page; page number indicated by number at end of file name; 3 files per day (figured you did not need the cover)

I think tht Carnival's official answer would be "No. You can buy drinks from us." They have a similar response to "brought on" alcohol. Duty free alcohol that you buy on the ship is delivered to your cabin the night before the end of the cruise.

I think that lots of people break both of those rules, but don't flaunt it by keeping the drinks out of sight in their rooms. We carried on several small bottles of water we had packed for the train trip to and from home in our back pack. Nobody complained. I just go soda free for one week. Ice tea, lemonade, water, punch, coffee are available 24 hours a day from several service areas.

You should also check out the price of a soda card.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Fountain_Fun_Card.aspx

• 2 weeks later...

Archived