Luggage Tags?

LynandBill

We are going on the Crown Sept 6th and just received our luggage tags. I thought the tags were color coded(by deck)with your cabin # on the tags. If anyone has their tags can you tell me if yours are blank.

Thanks, Bill

Bill,

Received our tags this week and they are blank. We are sailing on the Crown next Friday. I'm so glad that you asked this question as I was concerned myself. We have never received tags like this before on any other cruise line.

What deck are you on??? We are on the Baja deck.

Bill,

Received our tags this week and they are blank. We are sailing on the Crown next Friday. I'm so glad that you asked this question as I was concerned myself. We have never received tags like this before on any other cruise line.

What deck are you on??? We are on the Baja deck.

We are on the Aloha deck. When we went on the Caribbean Princess in January and our luggage tags had our cabin # pre printed on them. They also were color coded (I guess to help the porters and cabin stewards).If you needed more tags or received any at the cruise terminal they were blank.

Bill

If all tags are blank without color how do you know what color you need to disembark??? Are other tags given out before that time???? Do any of you out there have colored tags????

On the ship the night before you are to disembark they give you colored tags. You fill them in and put them on your luggage before you leave them outside your cabin door that night.

Sharon H.

If all tags are blank without color how do you know what color you need to disembark??? Are other tags given out before that time???? Do any of you out there have colored tags????

The tags sent pre-cruise to me were marked with "A" for aft, since my original cabin assignment was in the aft of the ship, but the actual cabin number was left blank. You get new tags for disembarkation, with a color basd on when you're getting off: self-disembark (which I think was navy), Princess transfers to the airports/train stations, post-cruise tours, and then random colors for each deck for those who don't belong to any of the above groups. Hope this helps.

The luggage tags for disembarkation are given to you when you are on the ship. These are for embarkation. My online travel agency lost our pre cruise docs-contained luggage tags, cruise answer book, excursion book. They have a record of someone signing for it when they received it from Princess but they said they don't know what happened at that point. I guess that's the disadvantage of using a big online agency. I had to call Princess myself and they intervened and my docs showed directly from the cruise line today. 34 days and counting. Can't wait!!!

Bill

The tags sent pre-cruise to me were marked with "A" for aft, since my original cabin assignment was in the aft of the ship, but the actual cabin number was left blank. You get new tags for disembarkation, with a color basd on when you're getting off: self-disembark (which I think was navy), Princess transfers to the airports/train stations, post-cruise tours, and then random colors for each deck for those who don't belong to any of the above groups. Hope this helps.

You're right! They did have the code for what part of the ship you're cabin is located. With 3000 passengers we like having some kind of code to help the porters and cabin stewards with our luggage. I hope we get our luggage before dinner. Now we are thinking about wearing my dinner clothes on the ship and bringing shorts in our carry on. Bill

You're right! They did have the code for what part of the ship you're cabin is located. With 3000 passengers we like having some kind of code to help the porters and cabin stewards with our luggage. I hope we get our luggage before dinner. Now we are thinking about wearing my dinner clothes on the ship and bringing shorts in our carry on. Bill

Actually, I got my luggage very quickly. I arrived at the pier around 12:45 or so, and the guy who took the bag said about 2 hours, and sure enough, it was there in front of the door in plenty of time to unpack well before the 4pm lifeboat drill. However, I did have a dress suitable for formal night, along with shorts/swimsuit, stuffed in my carryon, just in an abundance of caution. Have a great cruise -- I'm jealous and wish I were going back soon!

Actually, I got my luggage very quickly. I arrived at the pier around 12:45 or so, and the guy who took the bag said about 2 hours, and sure enough, it was there in front of the door in plenty of time to unpack well before the 4pm lifeboat drill. However, I did have a dress suitable for formal night, along with shorts/swimsuit, stuffed in my carryon, just in an abundance of caution. Have a great cruise -- I'm jealous and wish I were going back soon!

Thanks, 34 days and counting. Can't wait!!!

Thank you so much for your responses. I feel much better now. I've had so much trouble with my online TA and documents . Princess sent me luggage tags but not my document packet as it was too close to sailing date. Princess says that as long as I have my printed online boarding pass I'll be okay. I hope so........ Happy sailing to all.......... Ann Marie

Thank you so much for your responses. I feel much better now. I've had so much trouble with my online TA and documents . Princess sent me luggage tags but not my document packet as it was too close to sailing date. Princess says that as long as I have my printed online boarding pass I'll be okay. I hope so........ Happy sailing to all.......... Ann Marie

Your online travel agent doesn't begin with an E does it? We also had difficulty with our agent over them losing our pre docs and their response to rectifying our problem, we won't use them again. Not bad though, 14 cruises and this was our 1st problem with a travel agency,but in 34 days it won't matter anyway. Can't wait!!

Bill, Glad to hear that you got your docs today. Yesterday you did not think that you would since you were so close to your cruise date. Nice package, isn't it? Have a wonderful cruise!

Hi Dixie Lee,

Princess got involved and sent them overnight directly to my house and not to the travel agent since Expedia lost the originals. Seeing the package today does add to the excitment. Any cruise reading material is good, real good!!

Bill

34 days and counting!

Archived