'Quest' Shore Excursions for 24 Nov '07

factor30

Every so often I've been checking the Celebrity /Azamara site to see if the Quest Shore Excursions are available for viewing. A couple of days ago it seemed that something was available on line via the Celebrity site. However, for some reason, my PC wasn't able to download information. I then telephoned Celebrity Shore Excursion Department in the UK explaining my problem. They very kindly said they would print out the info and send it to me. This was received this morning (Friday 3rd) . Well, I'm rather underwhelmed. All it consisted of is Excursion General Information and Excursions for Cabrits, Dominica; Miami, Florida(??); and Scarborough, Tobago. The prices are in GBP and look quite pricey. I can only assume that they haven't yet sorted out excursions to the other places of this cruise. Getting it piecemeal like this does not impress.

If anyone out there gets any further info, please inform. Thanks.:)

Go to the Celebrity web site search for your cruise and under Search results click on the "Show More Details" link. Click the shore and excursions tab. Click "download a brochure". Fill in the cruise information-ship and date-and click search. The brochure will open and can be saved as a pdf file. They are available for Quest November 12 and 24, 2007. Did not check any other dates.

Just noticed - not all ports are listed. For Nov 12, 4 of the 8 ports are included.

bac513 - Thank you. I've been checking for weeks now and even cs said less than a week ago they wouldn't be out until mid Sept. Glad to see that I was finally able to access them albeit I don't exactly like the prices:eek:

If anyone out there gets any further info, please inform. Thanks.:)

Dear Factor30,

We see you are new to Cruise Critic (CC) and you may not be aware of one of it's greatest features, that being the Roll Call.

A Roll Call is a chat room within the CC system in which members who are sailing on a particular ship on a particular date exchange information, ideas, make pre-cruise arrangements (coming from the U.K. we have to believe you'll be coming into Miami a day or two early), set up independent shore excursions, etc. etc. The Roll Call for your cruise has been active for many months and has more than 50 participants (from four countries) who have exchanged hundreds of messages many of them dealing with the subject of shore excursions.

Many of us who will be in Miami on 11/23 are getting together for dinner that evening at one of the city's most popular restaurants - we would love to have you join us. Also, the CC group traditionally meets at a pre-designated time and location on the ship during the first full day at sea. In the case of Celebrity, these gatherings are often hosted by the ship's Cruise Director. To get detailed info on this gettogether, you must be part of the Roll Call.

Please review the instructions for use of this site on how to join in on the Roll Call. If you have any questions, contact us off this board at jtfourcpa@yahoo.com . We look forward to getting to know you better.

Rhona :) & John :D

P.S. We love Brits!!!

Dear Rhona and John

Thanks very much for the info. You're correct, we do arrive the day before - 23 Nov - but depending on the time we land at Miami; arrive at our hotel, we will be very tired what with the time difference, jet lag etc. Thank you for your kind thought for the evening but we'll pass on this occasion.

We've been to the States on several occasions over the years and always look forward to returning and meeting new friends.

Rita and Brian:)

Thank you for your kind thought for the evening but we'll pass on this occasion.

Rita and Brian:)

Sorry you won't be joining us for dinner on 11/23. If your plans change, please let us know.

In any event, we do hope you'll join our Roll Call as previously described.

Rhona & John:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi - we're on the November 12th Quest sailing. The week before last there was a fair bit of shore excursion info for our cruise on the Celebrity site. We checked today & it's all been deleted - they're now saying that there's no information for our itinerary.

Since we'd like to know whether to book some activities direct with the providers or through Azamara, we called Celebrity/Azamara this morning. They told us that they didn't expect any information to be available 'til we were on board - not impressed with their level of help.

It's also making us a little nervous about the readiness of the Quest - we were originally booked on its initial sailing & are a tad concerned that they're having more prep issues than they expected. Just paranoia, we hope.

One of Azamara's selling points has been the availability of unique and unusual excursions. If this pans out, I don't think the Celebrity website will be an accurate reflection of the tours Azamara will offer for the same ports. It is possible that the Celebrity's excursion folks are still scouting the ports and negotiating with the excursion providers and thus are not ready to publish Azamara's excursions for the non-Bermuda cruises. Just a guess.....

I'd also heard the pitch about Azamara's shore excursions. It's odd, however, that the Azamara site directs you to the Celebrity shore excursion page & that both the Quest & Journey are shown there - although with, as of today, nothing listed for the Quest at least.

I'm probably (as usual, according to my wife) being too anal about this whole issue & there's no reason to be too concerned about their failure to list any excursions. I'm sure they'll have some options closer to the sail date.

I'm still a little ticked, though, by the attitude of the folks at Azamara about this - the "don't worry, it'll be fine" approach is a tad concerning when they've already cancelled the first sailing.

We located and downloaded the PDF information, but it would not let us make any excursion reservations. We called Azamara (Celebrity) regarding the shore excursions, and I was told that the PDF info was "general" information. I was told that the excursions for our Quest cruise (11/24 for us) would be available by the end of August. Others have been told mid-September. We were told they are still working on some of the excursions, which are supposed to be unique.

Archived