Prebooked Excursions-Can I Change My Mind?

keishashadow

Nope. I've changed my mind - canceled one and prebooked another. The credit and new charge have already shown up on my credit card statement. I don't know what would happen once you were on board the ship though.

Here's some information from the CCL website regarding cancellation and refund policy for excursions:

For online cancellations that occur outside the cut-off window, 5 days prior to sailing, a full refund will automatically be posted to the credit card that was used to pay for the shore excursion order, regardless of whether or not the person who purchased the shore excursion is sailing. Please allow 7-10 business days for the credit to post to the your account. No changes can be made within the cut-off window. If you need to make changes after the cut-off date, you must wait until sailing and see the Shore Excursion Manager onboard. Once onboard, any refunds will be made to the Sail and Sign account of the Shore Excursion order contact person’s Sail & Sign account, not the original credit card used to secure the online order. This applies even in the event that shore excursions were purchased as a gift by someone who is not sailing.

In the event of a cruise booking cancellation, within the cut-off window, a full refund will automatically be posted to the original credit card used to pay for the shore excursions order. If the designated contact person on a shore excursion order must cancel from their cruise booking and the remaining guests who are sailing would like to retain the shore excursion order, a new contact person needs to be assigned. If a designated contact person cancels and does not reassign the responsibility, the associated shore excursion orders will automatically cancel and be refunded.

Once onboard, cancellations are subject to a 25% cancellation charge. However, within 24 hours of arrival in port, all shore excursion orders are non-refundable. A refund, less any applicable cancellation charges, will be applied to the designated contact person’s sail and sign account. Carnival will only offer shipboard credit for shore excursion order refunds, but note any credit not utilized by the end of your cruise will be refunded via check to the order’s designated contact person on the morning of debarkation.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Static_Templates/ShoreExcursionsTC.aspx

We were never charged a cancellation fee but we were changing to another excursion. No fee to switch. Don't know if they charge for outright cancelling them. We were pleased with the Excursion Desk service. We had a problem with one of our excursions in Costa Rica and, before we even got to complain, we were refunded 50%. Because of the weather, Our train ride was cut short and we had to be bussed the rest of the way. Not Carnival's fault but they made good on the deal.

We have never been charged a fee for cancelling once we are already on the ship. We do usually rebook a different excursion though. And they do post the refunds to your Sail & Sign card like the info above stated.

When is the earliest we should book a excursion?

When is the earliest we should book a excursion?

You can book when you're 180 days or less out from your cruise unless your cruise runs into 2008 as well. The excursions for dates after 2008 haven't been contracted yet and aren't posted.

Some of the more popular excursions fill fast so I would suggest booking as soon as you know what you want to do! :)

Archived