Thanks to my TA ...

Cool_OC_Dude

I know my TA is a regular visitor to this board, so I like to say "THANKS!!!!" for getting us out of a tough situation.

As some callers to our local talk radio would say "long time listener, first time caller", I have been lurking over this site for a while after we were book on POA for a cruise to heaven in Feb, 2005. This will be our 10 year anniversary and we have been really looking forward to it. We have been on 10+ other cruises: Princess (4), RCI (3), and CCL (4). It will be our 1st cruise on NCL or NCLA for that matter. We have always enjoyed the excellent food and service on our cruises, and we sure like to receive the same package again. But the reviews from this board and other related sites have convinced me otherwise.

So as I was about to call my TA, who has booked the last 6 cruises for us, to confess my concern over POA, she CALLED me first. She told us that she believe we may not like our experience on POA since we do care about the level of service. She has just gotten feedback from her collegue who were on 8/8 chartered POA cruise, and the verdict was not good. So she is calling all her clients who has cruise booked on POA to inform them about the issues they are having and let them decide what to do.

She also said that she has been monitoring the reviews and waiting for one of their own to confirm the finding.

She spent over 2+ hours last Saturday to change our plan, and did she came through for us. We were able to cancel our cruise and flight to Hawaii, got us an incrediable deal with another cruise line for a 10-day cruise to Tahiti at about same time. We only need to put in extra $160 for both of us, and we will be cruising for 10 days instead of 7.

Cindy, I know you read this board once a while and I want to say "Thank you!". You are what a TA should be.

I also like to thank all the reviewers and posters here for your timely and honest opinion. This is what this community is all about, helping fellow cruisers to better enjoy the experience.

As for NCL or POA, we don't have strong opinion since we have never sailed with them before. But we will definitely try NCL or NCLA at a later day, maybe even on POA if NCL can turn it around. I believe in "never say never", give NCL some more time, they will either fix it or exit from it.

Goold luck to you all, and thanks again for the wonderful info/advice I has gotten here.

Dude from OC, California

After reading Cool Oc Dude's comment, it moved me to say if you have a TA that works as hard as COD's did, then you should continue to give him/her your business. With CEL/RCI/Carnival's new "No Discounting" policy, I keep hearing comments about people booking directly through the cruise line vs going to a TA since the TA can no longer offer any discounting. Well, if the only service the TA was offering was a discount, I will agree. But I can guarantee that NCL would have never called COD and said, "Our service seems to be lacking a bit, would you like to go to Tahiti instead?" If you have a good TA, continue to patronize them.

Segerd, I'm pretty sure I'm going to have a good time at Tahiti. I have always wanted to visit one of the polynesian islands. Hawaii was my first choice, but Tahiti is pretty close too. No complain there. :D I will definitely visit the aloha state in the near future, maybe even on pride of aloha or america if the reviews become more positive. Cruise has been and will alwasy be my choice of travel. Hopefully NCL will do a much better job with pride of america, they should have learned some lesson here.

cruiseone2003, you can bet that Cindy will have my business for any future booking. I was actually not surprised when she called. I have talked to her more than a dozen times and we are on first name base now. She knows what kind of experience we are expecting and she always contact us about a week after our cruise to get any feedback and to make sure we get everything promised to us, whether it's onboard credit, gift package, coupons, etc. I know she may not have the lowest price, but I also know that she will be there when I need her. You can say it's another form of insurance we do not hesitate to pay.

Oh boy, can't wait to set my feet on Tahitian princess.

oh boy, oh boy...

After reading Cool Oc Dude's comment, it moved me to say if you have a TA that works as hard as COD's did, then you should continue to give him/her your business. With CEL/RCI/Carnival's new "No Discounting" policy, I keep hearing comments about people booking directly through the cruise line vs going to a TA since the TA can no longer offer any discounting. Well, if the only service the TA was offering was a discount, I will agree. But I can guarantee that NCL would have never called COD and said, "Our service seems to be lacking a bit, would you like to go to Tahiti instead?" If you have a good TA, continue to patronize them.

Last year our TA was offering the same prices Celebrity offered so it didn't cost us any or save us any to use her and we had the satisfaction of knowing we had someone to fall back on if something did go wrong. TAs that are good are worth their weight in gold. NMnita

Could someone explain what the "no discounting" rule is - and does it only apply to those three cruiselines mentioned? I'm hoping it doesn't mean that someday we will have to pay the cruiseline price.

Thanks!!

Archived