Barcelona Airport To Docks

I'm also looking for a reasonably priced and safe transfer from the airport to the cruise terminal. The travel agent quoted $250 RT for my family of five, which I though was outrageous. Then, I looked into limo services and it's just as expensive. Since we have five people, we may be required to take two taxis, again, making it just about as costly.

Any recommendations, anyone? I am reluctant to take the train, because I have read about the many pickpockets, and don't want to begin my vacation with a bad experience.

I'm also looking for a reasonably priced and safe transfer from the airport to the cruise terminal. The travel agent quoted $250 RT for my family of five, which I though was outrageous. Then, I looked into limo services and it's just as expensive. Since we have five people, we may be required to take two taxis, again, making it just about as costly.

Any recommendations, anyone? I am reluctant to take the train, because I have read about the many pickpockets, and don't want to begin my vacation with a bad experience.

I spent a lot of time on BCN trains in May, and while I'm sure pickpockets exist (like in every big city), they should not be a deterrent from using the train. I found the trains to be clean, safe and efficient.

The challenge is that there is no 1 single direct train. You would get on the train at the airport, and take it to Sants Estacio, then connect with the L3 and take it to Drassanes. From there, you will still have a siginifcant walk to the pier, and for all practical purposes will have to take a taxi.

There is a port shuttle bus that runs regularly; you might be able to substitute that for the taxi. Someone with more expertise on BCN would be able to comment.

We used the train and it was easy, economical and fun. With all those people, it will save you a fortune. If you travel wisely, the pickpockets will never bother you. No purses, no wallets. Everything goes in a money belt, especially your passport. This is true of every city in Europe.

Just got back a few days ago. From the boat to the airport it was 34 euros for 2 people 4 big bags and 2 carry on's. I think there is a service charge for bags. From what i see its cheaper then getting a package with the boat.

We just returned with our family of 5. We used CARS CALIPODES BARCELONA. They were great. Cost 100Euros from airport to hotel for family of 5. We used them for 4 transfers before and after cruise. they were always on time, english speaking and wonderful. The hotel arranged them for us but they have a web site. They came with a van, fit our luggage in and the price is fixed, i.e. they didn't charge for each piece of luggage. They only take cash I think. The taxis are too small for your family. CMel

Archived