Back from 4 night cruise on Carnival with 2 and 5 year old

rice5899

Any questions?

How did you keep your 2 yo busy? We're taking our 1 and 3yo in August. I'm a little worried about the 1yo. What were your sleeping arrangements? Did you use a crib for the 2yo? Did the 5yo sleep on the wall or on a sofa bed? Thanks.

We went on the Carnival Fascination.

Had an inside cabin, my husband slept in the pullman bed, my two boys and I slept in the two twins put together.

Both boys went to camp, they were in the same group so it worked out really well.

We were busy with the excursions, them going to camp and just running around the ship.

We have two boys also aged 2.5 and 5 and are sailing 8/15. How did you guys do dinner? Feed them early or did you eat together? Did the boys do camp every day? Did they have a favorite thing to do or place to eat? Any recommendations for activities on board? Thanks.

they ate with us at all times and did very well, enjoyed the dining room for dinner. We sent them to camp when we were able to, mostly every night after dinner.

cruisinmama- We did the Butterfly conservatory and aquarium in Key West and then the Shopping and beach excursion in Playa Del Carmen

they ate with us at all times and did very well, enjoyed the dining room for dinner. We sent them to camp when we were able to, mostly every night after dinner.

cruisinmama- We did the Butterfly conservatory and aquarium in Key West and then the Shopping and beach excursion in Playa Del Carmen

What did you think of the butterfly excursion in Key West? I've been to the one in Grand Caymen and the kids got bored quickly. How was the one in Key West?

how was the ice cream? How was the food? Entertainment any good? and last, did you do the beach break/ snorkling trip through Carnival? I saw where you mentioned the beach. If so, how was the beach? do they offer chairs? umbrellas? Thank you so much for any answers.

Ice cream and food was wonderful, we only went to see the last nights show and it was awesome. we did the Playa Del Carmen Shopping and beach break, they take you to a beach club, there are chairs with unbrellas and huge couches to sit on, the beach was beautiful

I have a 5 and 3 year old and we're sailing on Carnival Pride in January. I have heard that the camp sometimes closes for lunch and dinner and you have to pick up the kids during this time. Please tell me that's not true!

If you can leave the kids over the lunch/dinner time, do they feed them kid appropriate meals? We plan to eat altogether except on formal nights, so I want to make sure they won't be left hungry.

I was on the Pride with my 2 year old twins in Jan. Yes, on sea days you have to take your children to lunch yourself and almost all dinners (there were a couple dinners where they had pizza in a section of the buffet area, but there usually weren't many kids participating). It's not a system where you drop them off in the morning and leave them all day.

This might be different on port days, but since I took my girls with me into port, I don't know what the system is if they stay on the ship.

Have a great time - we did!

Best,

Mia

I was on the Pride with my 2 year old twins in Jan. Yes' date=' on sea days you have to take your children to lunch yourself and almost all dinners (there were a couple dinners where they had pizza in a section of the buffet area, but there usually weren't many kids participating). It's not a system where you drop them off in the morning and leave them all day.

This might be different on port days, but since I took my girls with me into port, I don't know what the system is if they stay on the ship.

[/quote']

Thanks. I intend to spend port days with the kids as much as possible, but we do want to do a couple of shore tours. A Carnival rep assured me that the camp does not close at lunch time, so now i'm confused. Does anyone have any info on when the ship is in port? thanks!

Thanks. I intend to spend port days with the kids as much as possible, but we do want to do a couple of shore tours. A Carnival rep assured me that the camp does not close at lunch time, so now i'm confused. Does anyone have any info on when the ship is in port? thanks!

I know you didn't get to see my other response before you typed this. ;)

So to anyone else with this question who may not have seen the other response, camp carnival closes for lunch and *some dinners* on SEA days. On port days, they are open the whole day and they take the kids to lunch AND snacks. :)

Camp Carnival is closed on sea days for "Under 2 times" from 12-2pm only kids under 2 are allowed for babysitting ($6/hr from 12-2pm or you can stay with them for free). However from 1-2pm they do have build a bear for all ages for a fee. I think you have to stay with them for that as well.

It opens back up at 2pm on sea days.

Julie

Archived