Cozumel time-Local Time-Ship time

Giantfan13

We just reserved a couple of tourson Cozumel, not thru Carnival. We are doing the Horseback riding. On the confirmation email they sent, they mentioned that the tour is for 10:00 LOCAL TIME, which is the same as USA Central time. Our ship, the Fantasy, is docking at 8:00. Now is 8:00- USA Central time, Cozumel time, local time---- WHAT?. We figured we have plenty of time to eat a breakfast, get off the ship at 9:00, and get to our tour by 9:45. Are we an hour behind, ahead or WHAT??. any past crusiers--HELP.

When we were in Cozumel, the island time was 1 hour different than ship time. But, you must keep your watch time on ship time! Example, if you dock at 8 a.m. it is only 7 a.m. island time. Usually excursions are scheduled on the island time.

I believe the Fantasy leaves from New Orleans, which is Central Time. Therefore, the ship will be on the same time as Cozumel. The Glory leaves from Port Canaveral and is on Eastern Time, which is one hour ahead of Cozumel.

You do need to verify because I don't think that Cozumel does the daylight saving stuff like we do here in the US which can throw a monkey wretch in the works as well.

Definately keep your watch on SHIP time, because that is when the ship will sail. We are on Central Time as well...I will see if I can find a website with the current Cozumel time on it for you.

UPDATE: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=1235

Cozumel is running in line with our Central time!!!

We ARE sailing on the Fantasy out of NO, so the time in Cozumel should be the same time as what we have on the ship. We are coming from the East coast, so we just need to adjust our watches back one hour and we should be all set.

Thanks for the help and the clarification.

Archived