Cruisewear? When does it come out for 2008?

Soxfan05

Sorry, I know it's bad enough that the back to school sales are in full swing but I booked my February vacation last week! I'm thinking about cruisewear sales because I just started working out with a personal trainer 3X a week and I know I will be needing some new stuff. Long story short, I hit 40 and some body parts hit some new lows :eek: . I know I can buy clothes now in hopes of getting into them but that would just ruin the fun of actually going, trying on and feeling the victory of fitting into a smaller size.

Why wait til cruise wear comes out and pay more. Shop now -all stores are having BIG sales. We cruise a lot so I do have most of what I need, however I just got a few new tops (talbots) and new dressy pant suit at Coldwater Creek (internet) since we are going again in Jan

late December - early February is when the larger department strore will start to bring in "cruisewear" to their larger volume stores. I don't think anyone brings it in as early as thanksgiving anymore. "Cruisewear Stores" at least in my experience, is a very regional thing. Unfortuantely you won't find many good sales shopping at the start of the season.

late December - early February is when the larger department strore will start to bring in "cruisewear" to their larger volume stores. I don't think anyone brings it in as early as thanksgiving anymore. "Cruisewear Stores" at least in my experience, is a very regional thing. Unfortuantely you won't find many good sales shopping at the start of the season.

Thanks for the info. We have school vacations in this area in February so I was hoping post Christmas I could shop sounds like it will work out. We have Macy's, Lord and Taylor and Nordstrom will be here soon. I'm sure those stores will carry some nice things.

I have often wondered why the buyers for these stores dont buy clothing according to the region each store is located. Here in Texas, shorts, sandles, and short sleeved shirts should be available year round.

Wow, I just assumed that stores would stock based on climate. That's bizarre. Fortunately, with the internet and outlet stores, a person can find a little bit of something for any climate year round. We have a Chadwick's factory store and Talbot's factory store just a short drive from my home. It makes off season shopping easier but I still like to get something from current lines each season (or vacation).

What exactly is cruise wear?

Fancy name for "early summer clothes" LOL. I have noticed it in the stores in early spring but as many have said, it hits the stores sooner. What I have seen, the lines are a little more upscale and dressy....and expensive. I plan on treating myself to some before my vacation in February.

Thanks for the info. We have school vacations in this area in February so I was hoping post Christmas I could shop sounds like it will work out. We have Macy's, Lord and Taylor and Nordstrom will be here soon. I'm sure those stores will carry some nice things.

Macy's should, they tend to roll out the new spring stuff in phases. Nordstrom’s will

I have often wondered why the buyers for these stores dont buy clothing according to the region each store is located. Here in Texas, shorts, sandles, and short sleeved shirts should be available year round.

Well ... It's a catch 22. We know when you all want to buy stuff. But it's only available to us from Vendors ahead of a season. By the time a season actually starts, the vendors & manufactures have moved on to the next season.

In this day of efficiency and consolidation, it's getting rarer for a chain to have regional buyers. More often than not, things just aren't available late in the season to allow for a new wear me now purchase ... much less for the states that really can use shorts year round.

Although I've worked in the retail buying offices for a long time, it's still my pet peeve that I can't find shorts early into fall.:cool:

Fancy name for "early summer clothes" LOL. I have noticed it in the stores in early spring but as many have said, it hits the stores sooner. What I have seen, the lines are a little more upscale and dressy....and expensive. I plan on treating myself to some before my vacation in February.

Thanks for the explanation. I'll try to keep a look out for them in the springtime.

Macy's should, they tend to roll out the new spring stuff in phases. Nordstrom’s will

Well ... It's a catch 22. We know when you all want to buy stuff. But it's only available to us from Vendors ahead of a season. By the time a season actually starts, the vendors & manufactures have moved on to the next season.

In this day of efficiency and consolidation, it's getting rarer for a chain to have regional buyers. More often than not, things just aren't available late in the season to allow for a new wear me now purchase ... much less for the states that really can use shorts year round.

Although I've worked in the retail buying offices for a long time, it's still my pet peeve that I can't find shorts early into fall.:cool:

I know! I buy my kids back to school clothes in July because I can still get shorts which they will wear well into Nov. Once Aug hits, the stores have pants, sweaters, ect. My mom used to be a buyer for a children's shop and she said it was so confusing to go to market right before Summer, but be buying for the following Winter.

My cruisewear is what's hanging in my closet.

LOL!

I haven't noticed "cruise wear" in my stores. I will look for it now. I am assuming the clothes are light weight and colorful. Right/wrong?

Cruisewear is what ever you deem it to be. Some want to have a new wardrobe for vacations, and that's fine for them. I don't want to spend money on sportswear just for cruises. I wear/pack my normal summer clothes. I buy formal wear for cruises, because that's the only place I get to wear it at this time. But I just keep an eye out for good deals all the time.

"cruisewear" is just a term we (retailers) use to designate a collection of clothes that are out of place for the winter season. Meaning, they are usually brought in during the dead of winter, and are more appropriate to wear in spring and summer. They are usually a preview into the season to come. It's not used to designate clothes to be worn on a cruise specifically, it's more a generic term for clothes you'd wear for a vacation in a warmer climate.

Some stores call it "snowbirds" others "cruisewear". Basically spring weight clothes a couple months before the rest of the store converts over for the warmer season.

Archived