Obstructed View Room on Caribbean Princess

terry55

We have a Guaranteed, Obstructed View cabin for the Caribbean Princess over the holidays. Has anyone stayed in one? Definitely don't want an inside, but I guess if I can see daylight it will be better!! I know the ship will be full because of the time of the year, so I don't think we'll be upgraded!! Thanks.:confused:

We have a Guaranteed, Obstructed View cabin for the Caribbean Princess over the holidays. Has anyone stayed in one? Definitely don't want an inside, but I guess if I can see daylight it will be better!! I know the ship will be full because of the time of the year, so I don't think we'll be upgraded!! Thanks.:confused:

You'll see light no matter which one you have. We had E228 and E230 in June, which were hardly obstructed at all.

Just remember that some obstructed view outside cabins aren't bad at all, with just a small obstruction. Others can be totally obstructed. Since you booked a guarantee, it will be the toss of the dice which you end up in. But no matter where, you will still be able to find out if it is day or night, unlike an inside cabin. Best of luck, you really can't ever tell as if that category is selling better than unobstructed, you actually could receive an upgrade to a better category, even during the holiday sailings. Best of Luck, I hope you get a great assignment.

We stayed in E228 too last June and found there to be no obstruction to speak of. When you looked out out window, you could see life boats on either side but we had a clear shot out to the ocean!! This year, we had the same type of room on the Grand, and had just a ladder to one side and some ropes hanging down a little bit, but again we could see out the window just fine. Happy sailing:)

One thing to know and remember about obstructed window cabins is...... the crew has to service and check the tenders and lifeboats that are right outside your window. It is not uncommon to look up and see a crewman right outside your window.

So remember that if you need privacy for dressing, or ???????? :D

We had 3 guaranteed obstructed view cabins for the CB 7/22 sailing, which was completely full and waitlisted for all categories. About 2 weeks before, three of the cabins e were upgraded to oceanviews on Plaza deck, 2 were given the handicapped partially obstructed cabins on Emerald deck (which weren't very obstructed at all). So even though it's a holiday sailing, there may be upgrades in store. Good luck.

Archived