Jewel of the Seas

I am looking to see if anyone has recent pictures of the ship Jewel of the Seas. We are going on it for the first time in November (and looking very forward to it) and would love to see some pictures that are better than what is available on the RCCL sight because I'm told they don't do it justice. Also I thought I rememberered people saying it was going to dry dock and upgrade in the begining of November before our 11/11 sailing, does anyone know if this is true and just what they will be doing. Thanks for the info.:)

We were on the Jewel in Jan. - ship in terrific ship - new bedding etc. Dry dock more likely mechanical mtce etc. Pics in link below, As s:) uggested check out webshots for more pics,

Great shp.

Kathy

I have pictures from December in the link in my signature. Enjoy!

We were just onboard in July and she's in great shape cosmetically - there were a few shattered windows, including one in the exterior elevator banks (they don't fall apart, but it's kind of eerie to see the spidery glass) - but everything else looked great. The balcony railings in the cabins weren't varnished, and in 12 days I never remembered to ask our cabin steward if that was permanent. The Promenade Deck & other common area rails were varnished, though.

During a bridge tour the Captain said that the drydock would be mostly mechanical. I don't look all that intensely at things, but I other than the windows I honestly didn't see anything that needed repair or replacement. She's a gorgeous ship!

My husband and I are also on this cruise. It is our first:) I'm more than excited. I checked out the roll call but was a little intimidated by all of the posting; everyone seems to already know everybody!!

Just thought I'd say hi.

I am looking to see if anyone has recent pictures of the ship Jewel of the Seas. We are going on it for the first time in November (and looking very forward to it) and would love to see some pictures that are better than what is available on the RCCL sight because I'm told they don't do it justice. Also I thought I rememberered people saying it was going to dry dock and upgrade in the begining of November before our 11/11 sailing, does anyone know if this is true and just what they will be doing. Thanks for the info.:)

Try this: http://www.webshots.com/search?query=jewel+of+the+seas&new=1&source=chromeheader

The Jewel is going into drydock while it is in Europe this summer to have a diesel generator installed to allow it to burn less expensive fuel while it is in port. I doubt much in the way of extensive refurbishment is planned for it at that time. We were on her last November and she certainly showed no signs of wear and tear at that time and much of that kind of cosmetic repair can be done while the ship remains in service.:)

Archived