E-docs Luggage Tags

GayleR

For those of you who have used the E-docs luggage tags, does it matter what color they are? I've printed them out for cabins on different decks and they printed the same color. Does it matter? Is this a big deal? If so, how do I know what color is for each deck? :confused:

Thanks,

Gayle

For those of you who have used the E-docs luggage tags, does it matter what color they are? I've printed them out for cabins on different decks and they printed the same color. Does it matter? Is this a big deal? If so, how do I know what color is for each deck? :confused:

Thanks,

Gayle

There is a thread where the OP got the correct colour from the porters at the pier.

In our group, some people printed them - all are a salmon colour - others received docs via mail - all colour co-ordinated by deck and location.

???:rolleyes:

I called Carnival and they told me that it didn't matter what color the tags were because all of the information is printed on the tag. Guess I'll see what happens on Sunday.

And thanks, Machman, I will get the debark tags from the purser's office.

the best I can figure is that if you have chosen a room, you tags are Salmon. If your cabin is yet to be anounced, they are blue.

Mine are Salmon. We chose our room. WE booked in February, Valentines day. We sail in 38 days.

The porters will put your color tag on your luggage at the port. Take a marker to put the room number on because they only have ink pens, and they don't do well on the tags.

If you get paper docs also, you will have about 3 tags pp that will come in your docs.

I use address lables to put my name on them rather than write it on. That way it is legable, and if it gets lost, it is easier for the crew to find, and if it gets to someone elses room, and they turn it in, it is easier to find me.

Don't pack anything breakable, or important like meds or blood pressure machines and stuff like that in checked luggage. Carry that stuff with you. My first cruise, I put my BP machine in my checked luggage, and it did not work after that. Keep anything of value in your carry on luggage. We normally have a rolling suitcase to carry on. I can put my cameras, walkie talkies, cell phone stuff, charging stations for cameras, nebulizer, pills, cosmetics, and even the bottle of wine we take on board in that suitcase. Then I have my laptop in a seperated bag since you have to take the laptop out before running through the scanners.

Some people put in their checked luggage things that I would carry on.

Used the E-Docs for my 3-day Sensation cruise in July I printed my tags and put them on our luggage but at the pier they made new tags the porters are that happy about the new process they said they fall apart causing luggage to get misplaced. He suggested that if I wanted to use the E-Docs to laminate the tag. Which is what I will do for my next cruise.

the best I can figure is that if you have chosen a room, you tags are Salmon. If your cabin is yet to be anounced, they are blue.

As machman indicated (see below) this is incorrect information. We have 3 specific cabins with cabin numbers and ALL of the sets are blue.

Nope. I booked my cabin specifically, 6319, and my eDoc tags are blue.

I believe someone earlier indicated that the 2 different colors (salmon and blue) are for forward cabins and for aft cabins......

The porters will put your color tag on your luggage at the port. Take a marker to put the room number on because they only have ink pens, and they don't do well on the tags.

If you get paper docs also, you will have about 3 tags pp that will come in your docs.

I use address lables to put my name on them rather than write it on. That way it is legable, and if it gets lost, it is easier for the crew to find, and if it gets to someone elses room, and they turn it in, it is easier to find me.

Don't pack anything breakable, or important like meds or blood pressure machines and stuff like that in checked luggage. Carry that stuff with you. My first cruise, I put my BP machine in my checked luggage, and it did not work after that. Keep anything of value in your carry on luggage. We normally have a rolling suitcase to carry on. I can put my cameras, walkie talkies, cell phone stuff, charging stations for cameras, nebulizer, pills, cosmetics, and even the bottle of wine we take on board in that suitcase. Then I have my laptop in a seperated bag since you have to take the laptop out before running through the scanners.

Some people put in their checked luggage things that I would carry on.

Guess I'm one of those people. We used TSA locks on our checked luggage. Worked like a charm. Nothing missing. Also, we laminated our blue e-doc tags with packaging tape and then zip tied them to the luggage before embarking. Worked like a charm.

If you need more tags, just print multiple copies of that page.

Hey, I never said it was for sure. It was my opinion because most of the posters who had blue were TBA.

Maybe the other person is correct, blue for rear, salmon for front.

who hows. NO one, but carnival themselves.

Archived