fascination carnival cruise

jue

i am organising a trip for our familly, we have learnt about the 4 day cruise and we think this looks really great, we are coming from liverpool england and it will be our first cruise, and as i am organising it i need some input on the actuall cruise which will be to key west, then cozumel, we have been to florida 4 times in all, and really and i mean really love your country and the people in it, we have never cruised before, so i really just need input from other people that have been aboard, as i would like to look as if i know all about it!!!! mainly about these cards that u buy, and anything else people will tell me about i would really look forward to any replies they would be much apreciated

many thanks

jue

Personally if I was coming all the way.......from ENGLAND... I wouldn't go on a 4 day cruise. I would do a 7 day... But then again if you have never done one before then maybe a short cruise is best.

We did Fascination in 2003 and doing it again Aug. 27th...The ship has been refurb. So the rooms are all redone. Which improved the space in the room.

As for the locations just do as much research in the areas you are going. You know what you like and don't like.. So all anyone else can do is give opinions.. Or give you contacts of people they have used.

But the cruise is a great way to spend a vacation. I'm sure more people will give you ideals on here.

We sailed the Fascination on the 4-day cruise in late March 2007. We enjoyed the ship and thought the upgrades were really nice. I would recommend doing a tour in Calica which is basically a rock quarry outside of Playa Del Carmen. The night we were in Calica, the dining room was empty and most people had dinner on the Lido deck due to late tours. Heard several people on the Tulum tour say how nice it was. We thought the service and food was outstanding. We have sailed the Triumph and Glory previously.

Any questions, let me know.

We did this cruise in Feb. It was our first. Everything was clean and comfortable ......especially the bed....and the staff was great. We had an oceanview room.....M51....which could sleep 4 (overhead bunks that pull down). There was plenty of room for the 2 of us.....might be a little tight with 4. Although not huge, there was plenty of room in the bathroom which came as a nice surprise. In Key West, we did the Carnival trolley through town excursion which will drop you off near shops and restaurants. Had lunch at the Hog's Breath Saloon. Their conch fritters were great.....this from someone who is not very adventurous in her food choices. In Cozumel, we did the dolphin encounter at Chankanaab. Probably one of the most awesome things I have ever done. All in all a great time and I would definitely sail on Fascination again.

I am going on the Fascination this November with my wife and two boys. How does the ship look with the new renovations? I have seen pictures on their website. I heard about "Carnival Waterworks" going on all of the Fantasy ships by 2009. Have they put this on the Fascination yet? I know that the Imagination and Inspiration are going into dry dock later this year to have the Waterworks and Resort style pools put in. I just didn't know if the Fascination had this renovation put in or not. Thanks for your help.

JUE: We were on Fascination in December and I wrote a long review (click on the link in the signature). I gave details on the ship and the ports (KW and Coz). Take a look and let me know if you have any other specific questions. You can certainly find out more on the ports board.

I believe you mean "water wars", and yes that has been added to Fascination already. The ship looks great, DH and I really enjoyed the staff and ship in March (we were in M10). There are tons of member reviews if you want to read more:) They also added a miniture golf course during the refurb - kids seemed to like it (mine weren't with me)

I believe you mean "water wars", and yes that has been added to Fascination already. The ship looks great, DH and I really enjoyed the staff and ship in March (we were in M10). There are tons of member reviews if you want to read more:) They also added a miniture golf course during the refurb - kids seemed to like it (mine weren't with me)

WaterWorks is something new karen: http://www.carnival.com/cms/Static_Templates/Promos/evolutionsoffun/

Archived